Who was the craziest, well, crazy person in an experiment ?

Recently re-watched KITTEN WITH A WHIP, the film that unless you count Kevin’s skit cameo has no kittens and no whips.

What it does have is Ann-Margaret playing Jody, perhaps the most scenery chewing character in any experiment that season. She’s mad, mad, mad! Yet always conveniently finds her conscience when the plot dictates she should.

As the show had featured more than its share of mental wellness challenged characters, who made the biggest impression on you?

Jody: “This is so CREAMY!”

Tom: “Don’t -say- that. No one says that!”

4 Likes

Moon, from The Beatniks, was pretty off-the-wall.

14 Likes

I don’t think that time-jumping hypnotist from The Undead gets enough credit for being wayyyyyy out there, Man! Even before he actually got lost in time.

The red-haired dude from The Projected Man, too. Those guys really put the “Mad” in Mad Science.

9 Likes

While not officially “unwell”, as a teen I thought Joel and the Bots were a tad harsh on Kenny in the original GAMERA. Watching it as an adult, if anything they don’t go far enough. That kid was NOT RIGHT in the head.

7 Likes

Moon was what came to mind for me.

I KILLED THAT FAT BARKEEP!

8 Likes

Him, or Droppo. After all, Droppo was the craziest man on Mars!

… Wait, no, I’m sorry, he was the laziest man on Mars.

8 Likes

Tom Stewart was pretty unhinged.

6 Likes

after seeing the stinger in this week’s show, I think Andrew Garfield might be a little off his nut.

6 Likes

He did miss the obvious normal, sane next step in his research, which would have been to identify some object in his victim’s subject’s trance and go fight either a mummy or a dracula to get it and prove he was right.

8 Likes

“I’m gonna moon you, man!”

Anyone who uses their name as an adjective is probably not very sane.

8 Likes

That’s Sam. He’s just the groundskeeper…

…and murderer.

10 Likes

You gotta be crazy to build a ski lodge there! That slope’s not stable!

8 Likes

And yet, somehow he’s the most sensible person in the movie.

Even though the scene was cut, a special shout-out to Pantsless Landlady for basically trying to force herself on Paul right after they met. Not just because that’s extraordinarily tacky but because… it’s PAUL, for pity’s sake. No desert city can be THAT bereft of prospective dates. :confused:

4 Likes

It’s probably someone in Jack Frost, but it’s hard to pick which one.

4 Likes

Elam!

Not just look like Elam, am Elam!

8 Likes

Mrs. Claus in Santa Claus Conquers the Martians always seemed a bit manic to me, even before seeing it MSTed. But yeah, for straight crazy it’s gotta be Moon.

7 Likes

Gotta give it up for Dr. Z, too. “They all thought I was mad, but I’ll show them when I turn myself into an unstoppable fish monster!”

13 Likes

These guys were kind of nutso…

7 Likes

I’m going rogue and nominating this guy. Even at his most sane, he’s a total wack-job.

13 Likes

Takeaway from this thread: MST3K has a whole lotta crazy mofos.

7 Likes