Who would win in a fight between Hobgoblins and Gremlins?

YOUR QUESTION:
Who would win in a fight between Hobgoblins and Gremlins? Assume that the number of creatures on both sides is evenly balanced.

NAME TO CREDIT:
optiMSTie

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
It’s like you’re saying “optimist” but with a long ‘e’ sound on the end. Try it, it’s fun! optiMSTie. optiMSTieeeeeeeeee.

4 Likes

My money is on the Gremlins. Especially if it includes the ones from Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

6 Likes

Follow up question: For the losing side, how many of them would be needed to tip the scales in their favor?

4 Likes

Do the Hobgoblins make the Gremlins act out their fantasies? :thinking: That could make it interesting.

8 Likes

Mostly it’ll be fantasies of wanton destruction and chaos. It’ll be the same as their regular actions towards people.

4 Likes

We all would.

Bill Murray Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

4 Likes

Gremlins. Those puppets had full articulation…

5 Likes

Munchie.

3 Likes

The gremlins if they’ve been fed after midnight, or the hobgoblins if they’re in full daylight.

If both of those things are true, Avengers assemble.

5 Likes

My money would be on this scrappy little longshot –

Best Muppets At Walt Disney World GIFs | Gfycat

4 Likes

Society

3 Likes

They would both win. Hobgoblins and Gremlins would join forces! Humanity doomed. Lemme check my calculations. Join Forces - All Die Even had it underlined.

5 Likes

Are we talking pre- or post-feeding the Gremlins after midnight? Post-feeding is the only viable option.

But I think ultimately @Absynthe42 is correct - they would join forces and eff stuff up.

2 Likes

No matter who wins we all lose.

4 Likes

Speak for yourself, I for one welcome our new Hobgremlin overlords. Now give me an 80’s fantasy that I’m a rock star.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Hobgoblins go through the 3 rules from “Gremlins” to prove they are one of the same or not.

1 Like

Tony Randall gremlin could out-talk The Claw.

2 Likes

Gremlins. They act smarter and their limbs work unlike the opposition.

2 Likes

But the hobgoblins would make the gremlins think they’re in mogwai heaven, and they could then be easily killed or trapped and released.

2 Likes

Who’s to know beasts respond to dreams identically to humans. Gremlins are also notoriously disruptive and on their own wavelength. I can’t envision uninterrupted dreaming persisting as Gremlins bother other Gremlins on a regular basis. Hobgoblins require a lack of distraction for their powers to have maximum effectiveness and a singular focus of one mind at a time. So many Gremlins exist and can mass produce on a whim Hobgoblins are quaint by comparison.