Who's your favorite incidental character in a host segment?

There were some great incidental characters that either visited the mads or the SOL crew.

My top 3 are:
Pitch a devil (not THE devil)
Phineus Tiberius Mindslap
Krankor when he pays the SOL a visit

Bonus:
“Eggs” the pain leak inspector

8 Likes

Timmy.

7 Likes

Does Torgo count?

7 Likes

I love Mike’s one-off appearance as Toblerone in Escape 2000. I wish that had become a recurring character.

Oh, and Mike and Paul as Observers. They really were great whenever they showed up.

Edit: Oh, and Paul as Karl who was taken over by the Traveler’s Group and Todd who wasn’t threatened by Pearl at all.

5 Likes

Isn’t incidental a side character, someone who appears briefly? Krankor was the primary antagonist in the movie? Or are we just talking about what they were to the Host Segments.

Either way, Bowler Hat guy from The Deadly Bees. He was incidental to both the film and the Host Segments.

Also, I think they could have done something similar with whiney Whatney from Outlaw, just a walk-through on the SOL during a sketch, saying, “Cabot? Cabot! Cabot?!” and later in Deep 13, same thing… Cabot, Cabot, Cabot?

3 Likes

It’s a shame that we only got one appearance of Beez as Steffi the Babysitter.

She absolutely had genuine Mads cred.

14 Likes

I was referring to Krankor’s host segment visit on the SOL. But hey, we’re a pretty relaxed fanbase so it’s whatever is the most fun!

3 Likes

Yes! I absolutely loved her disgusted reaction to the title of the film “The Touch Of Satan”.

6 Likes

I’ll second Timmy, but also Nummymuffincoocolbutter and the Mirror Universe SoL Mads and Deep 13 Crew.

6 Likes

Jan In The Pan and Morrissey

8 Likes

Eddie Nelson

11 Likes

I’m going to go with my pat answer of “whatever role beez is playing.”

@optiMSTie I had such a crush on Steffi! She didn’t take poop from no one!

4 Likes

I watched this last night - wonder what that extra Crow is up to these days?

4 Likes

Mikey, the Mike Sprite
Krankor

2 Likes

Cheese curds, I believe.

4 Likes

Also, Eddie is a really cool choice! That is such a funny episode, and Mike does a great job of mediocre acting so it comes off B-movie-ish. It is hard to believe it is the same guy who played Dr. Peanut! I think Mike really doesn’t get the acting credit he deserves.

5 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld as Freak Masterstroke was a great one off appearance for me. Also Bill Corbett as Leonardo Da Vinci in Werewolf cracks me up every time.

4 Likes

Morrissey and… [Torgo theme plays]

2 Likes

I forgot! I absolutely love Mike and Paul as clowns trapped in the Hexfield.

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! YOU THINK I LIKE BEING TRAPPED IN HERE WITH YOU? NO! GET DOWN ON YOUR ORANGE AND YELLOW KNEES AND KISS MY CLOWN FEET THAT I HAVEN’T KILLED YOU!”

5 Likes

A&E host, Jack Perkins. So soothing. So erudite. So unfortunately no longer with us.

8 Likes