Who's your favorite Vampire?

Who are some of your favorite vampires in fiction? Here’s some of mine.

1. Barnabas Collins (Dark Shadows: 1971)
  2. Count Dracula (Dracula: 1897)
  3. Count Orlok (Nosferatu: 1922)
  4. Count von Count (Sesame Street: 1972)
  5. Count von Krolock (Tanz der Vampire: 1997)
  6. Genevieve Dieudonné (Anno Dracula: 1992)
  7. Grandpa Munster (The Munsters: 1966)
  8. Jonathan Reid (Vampyr: 2018)
  9. Lestat De Lioncourt (Interview with the Vampire: 1976)
  10. Michael Morbius (Spider-Man: 1971)
  11. NOS-4-A2 (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: 2000)
  12. Otto Chriek (Discworld – The Truth: 2000)
  13. Silas (The Graveyard Book: 2008)
  14. Therese and Jeanette Voerman (Vampire – The Masquerade – Bloodlines: 2004)
5 Likes

Posey the Vampire Potato (Darkwing Duck: 1991)

1 Like

In the heart of Transylvania, in the vampire hall of fame, yeah, there’s not a vampire zanier than… DUCKULA.

9 Likes

Dracula from Castlevania.
Oh, and don’t forget Alucard.

2 Likes

Mary, Queen of Blood, from “I, Vampire” - especially when drawn by Andrea Sorrentino

Dracula’s Curse version or Symphony of the Night version?

The latter.

13 Likes

Selene, Underworld

Eli/Abby, Let the Right One In/Let Me In

OIP

Count Floyd

R (2)

The Girl

4ririIPMbOnbnZlQGnTYgDIcbxa

6 Likes

And last but not least, the greatest Dracula of all, as played by Christopher Lee

7 Likes

It appears I like my vampires with mullets and dirt!

11 Likes

I’m glad you specified the 1971 version. Grew up with Barnabas, he was great, and had his own game

1 Like

Excited Fx Networks GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

9 Likes

5 Likes

That’s Mr Vampire to you. Lam Ching Ying in this is certainly my favourite vampire hunter anyway.

COUNT Duckula!

4 Likes

Some mothercrabbers are always trying to iceskate uphill.

6 Likes

Who can forget Nosferatu from Escape 2000? I never quite worked out what the vampire rules in that movie were, though.

nosferatu

Oh, another vote for Count Duckula! Both the standalone and Danger Mouse versions.

4 Likes

I came here for Barnabas Collins, read your first line, and departed satisfied. You have my thanks.

1 Like

Eli (“Ellie”) from the novel Let the Right One In, by Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist. Disturbing origin and situations, tender yet brutal story.

Max Schreck (played by Willem Dafoe) in the film Shadow of the Vampire. He is the method actor hired to play the vampire in the 1922 silent film Nosferatu, and the film is about its filming. (John Malkovich played its director, F.W. Murnau.) Thoroughly enjoyed this film.

Louis de Pointe du Lac from the novel Interview With The Vampire, by Anne Rice. This book started the whole “relatable vampires”(?) trend, and did it quite well.

But on a lighter note: Yes! to Count Floyd (SCTV). And Nandor (What We Do In The Shadows TV series). And, why not, George Hamilton’s Count in Love at First Bite.

3 Likes