Who's your favorite Vampire?

I challenge anyone to find a vampire movie with more Deezen than this one.

1 Like

Does Emily’s Vampire the Masquerade character, Natasha von Dracula, Jr., count?

3 Likes

I was just about to post this exact image. Good thing I kept scrolling. But, YES!!

2 Likes

I love what I could only describe as exaggerated Dracula. Typically played by American actors trying to do a Romanian accent.

2 Likes

The movie I found to be rather bad, but the German Musical it inspired is phenomenal! I wish they could make a faithful English adaptation of Tanz der Vampire, instead of the horrible version we got with Michael Crawford. Too bad Jim Steinman never lived to see a faithful English version of his fantastic play; it’s been success in other countries in dozens of languages but English isn’t one of them, at least, not yet.

2 Likes

Not sure where I first heard the story, but…

There’s also a version in one of the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books.

3 Likes

Oh yeah? CLAP!

1 Like

Naked space vampire in Lifeforce?

48bf792c75e096a22aa13aeb85b6d4f4

5 Likes

I watched that a while back when it came up on a streaming service, mostly to see what it was actually about after knowing nothing about it other than the nudity for so many years. While I wasn’t a big fan, it was better than I expected. That Mathilda May could do a serious sci-fi epic acting unselfconsciously naked was really impressive, too (no, not that way). I’d like to have that much self-confidence in anything I do!

2 Likes

I love this movie. I find Polanski to be hit or miss, but this one lands with me for whatever reason. I lived in Romania for a couple of years back in the 1990s, and I will say that this movie is the absolutely best for evoking actual Transylvania of any movie not actually filmed in Transylvania.

2 Likes

The vampire council from What We Do In the Shadows was a great gathering of sorts.

6 Likes

Jerry Dandridge. The one and only.

2 Likes

Evil Ed Thompson.

2 Likes

Count Orlok in F.W. Murnau’s Nosferatu: A Symphony of Terror (1922).

1 Like

Haha, I’ve seen that one.

1 Like

There is this alleged Vampire…

4 Likes

I love that bit of lore. Word is, Tommy would have revealed Johnny’s vampire nature by getting into a car and flying off…

3 Likes

How did I miss Eric Northman???
true blood smiling GIF

2 Likes

“Jerry the vampire…”

2 Likes

AngelSmileTime1

4 Likes