Why did my flair disappear?

What happened to the flair option? I used to have the green circle with the white K, then it went to just a green circle, and now I don’t even have the option for it (even though I see other people who still have flair). I kinda miss it. :frowning:

4 Likes

Yes, my flair disappeared as well. Alas, this is beta, so perhaps they decided to remove it. At least we can still use the title “Backer” attached to our names (for now).

3 Likes

Me too :disappointed:

8 Likes

They’re probably fixing it after the vanishing K incident. I turned it off a while ago, just having the Backer text is fine with me. The flair is a bit intrusive on the little avatars, maybe it can be scaled down before it returns.

2 Likes

[insert “37 Pieces of Flair” comment here]

6 Likes

But you don’t have the backer text…

2 Likes

You know, the Nazis had flair they made the Jews wear…

office space flair GIF

7 Likes

How bizarre! Both of my styling changes had reverted to “none”. I only recall turning off the flair. Thanks for the heads-up, and like the AC/DC song, I’m Back to Backer.

2 Likes

Did you pair your flair bill? They may have cut off your utilities.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that I still have my flair. Maybe the admins decided that having the backer title was redundant with the kickstarter flair? I have a different flair so it still shows up. I’m guessing the kickstarter flair was removed.

2 Likes

This is odd – so far as I know no one on the MST3K side turned this off, but it could be something Discourse itself is working on. I’ll see what I can find out!

3 Likes

The heck with the flair, I want one of those kicky little shields next to my name like you have! :wink: :shield:

3 Likes

@Lesley, any other folks have the notification system break? I see the little blue badge in the header, but clicking my avatar no longer loads the list of recent notification events, been this way for a week now. It’s diminishing the experience because I can no longer keep up with replies, likes, etc. (Visiting the individual notifications pages seems to work, but the main notifications page is also empty.)

No changes on my end, this stopped working the day the “K” badge disappeared.

1 Like

Now your backer is gone again!! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

So it is. I was playing around with the Flair settings (turning the Primary Group on and off) and it seems to have nuked my Title setting again. I’ve re-enabled it, thanks!

1 Like

Are you using Chrome, by any chance?

2 Likes

Witness me!

5 Likes

I am indeed. Your ability to replicate the issue was heartening, but it doesn’t explain why this suddenly happened with Chrome. Given that it’s the most popular browser in the world, I’d think it would be a more urgent issue. I’m guessing most folks here are browsing from a mobile device?

2 Likes

I’m on Chrome. The notification system is working for me.

2 Likes

Notifications are working for me on the Android app, which is basically just mobile Chrome.

2 Likes