Why did my flair disappear?

Also using Chrome (Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on desktop. No issues with the Notifications.

2 Likes

Well, heck. I’ll have to keep troubleshooting. Thanks for those confirmations everyone. So it’s not affecting everyone, and not affecting just me, so … somewhere between those two. Easy peasy! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s official guys! The flairs are back!!!

4 Likes

Yes, the flair is back! Sing it with me everyone…

Flair (Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair!)
Grow it, show it
Long as I can show it
My Flair

4 Likes

I’m feeling 'K again!

3 Likes

You’ve probably already though of this, but if you’re running an ad-blocker or script-blocker like uBlock Origin, that might be having an impact as well. Try turning off any such plugins and see if that helps.

4 Likes

No flair for me, it covers up too much of my pretty face. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m leaning towards turning it off again myself. It’s pretty intrusive, and as long as the Backer text stays, I’m good.

3 Likes

It super fits my profile pic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m not convinced this quite scans right, but what the heck:

F is for the fantastic circle that’s green
L is for the lulz if you know what I mean
A is for anyone that’s backed can get one
I is for I’m running out of rhymes for this song
R is for keep circulating…
… the u R l

3 Likes

I had indeed already tried that, thank you for considering it. But … as soon as the flair came back yesterday, it all started magically working again!

2 Likes

Now that my flair is back, I’m free to change my title to Regular. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was wondering about the sudden proliferation of Regulars on here. I don’t seem to have that option, but then I don’t get enough roughage to be regular.

2 Likes

Digital roughage looks like this (these are the defaults for Discourse, anyway):
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

6 Likes

@SandyFrank I just got mine, I joined in June, so yours shouldn’t be far behind.

4 Likes

So that’s how that works. I had no clue what was up with it.

3 Likes

since I’m highly irregular, I’m sticking with Backer. (unless it’s a title forced on you, like at some forums)

4 Likes

A diet rich in cheesy movies can leave one irregular.

(not a forced title. Just trying something different for a change)

5 Likes

:grinning: yeah, I was thinking that word can be taken in so many ways.

3 Likes

Ah, so it’s the literal Regular tier of Discourse trust levels! That makes so much sense now. I thought it was something the folks had added for people who were here in the Beta but not Backers, so that they’d stand out when the forum goes open. I thought it was a little confusing to name it Regular, since that’s a trust level, but now I see it’s one and the same. Thanks!

These are the ones which are likely to catch me out. I’m pretty selective about the threads I read.

5 Likes