Also using Chrome (Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on desktop. No issues with the Notifications.
Well, heck. I’ll have to keep troubleshooting. Thanks for those confirmations everyone. So it’s not affecting everyone, and not affecting just me, so … somewhere between those two. Easy peasy!
It’s official guys! The flairs are back!!!
Yes, the flair is back! Sing it with me everyone…
Flair (Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair! Flair!)
Grow it, show it
Long as I can show it
I’m feeling 'K again!
You’ve probably already though of this, but if you’re running an ad-blocker or script-blocker like uBlock Origin, that might be having an impact as well. Try turning off any such plugins and see if that helps.
No flair for me, it covers up too much of my pretty face.
I’m leaning towards turning it off again myself. It’s pretty intrusive, and as long as the Backer text stays, I’m good.
It super fits my profile pic
I’m not convinced this quite scans right, but what the heck:
F is for the fantastic circle that’s green
L is for the lulz if you know what I mean
A is for anyone that’s backed can get one
I is for I’m running out of rhymes for this song
R is for keep circulating…
… the u R l
I had indeed already tried that, thank you for considering it. But … as soon as the flair came back yesterday, it all started magically working again!
Now that my flair is back, I’m free to change my title to Regular.
I was wondering about the sudden proliferation of Regulars on here. I don’t seem to have that option, but then I don’t get enough roughage to be regular.
Digital roughage looks like this (these are the defaults for Discourse, anyway):
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
- Must have visited at least 50% of days
- Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months
* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.
@SandyFrank I just got mine, I joined in June, so yours shouldn’t be far behind.
So that’s how that works. I had no clue what was up with it.
since I’m highly irregular, I’m sticking with Backer. (unless it’s a title forced on you, like at some forums)
A diet rich in cheesy movies can leave one irregular.
(not a forced title. Just trying something different for a change)
yeah, I was thinking that word can be taken in so many ways.
Ah, so it’s the literal Regular tier of Discourse trust levels! That makes so much sense now. I thought it was something the folks had added for people who were here in the Beta but not Backers, so that they’d stand out when the forum goes open. I thought it was a little confusing to name it Regular, since that’s a trust level, but now I see it’s one and the same. Thanks!
These are the ones which are likely to catch me out. I’m pretty selective about the threads I read.