Why is Emily's last name "Connor"? As we share a last name, I must know if we are related!!

As we share a moniker, I would love to know how the last name “Connor” came about.

5 Likes

Isn’t it a nod to Sarah Connor?

11 Likes

I kinda liked “Crenshaw”. It somehow sounds fitting for someone part of an oddly elaborate cheesy movie watching mad science experiment.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I remember something about Sarah Connor on one of the live streams.

I’d rather think it were more like Connor McCloud, but I don’t think the Highlander was a real true-life story, so that might be not the answer.

MCCLOUD!

Chief!

MCCLOUD!

Bah, Hooker’s a good cop.

2 Likes

I too preferred Crenshaw, since it’s another classic cheesy movie reference, but whatever… we’re getting Emily as a host. That’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Prefer Connor, strong female character from sci-fi classic (conjures up a more empowering image than filthy backwoods chaw spitter) - it would have to be that or Ripley, but Emily Connor sounds better together

6 Likes

The only thing about “Connor” is that it ends the streak of host “-on” surnames. Hodgson/Robinson → Nelson → Heston → Conn…or.

2 Likes

How did I never notice that??!!

2 Likes

I suppose they could have done Hudson (ala. Rock Hudson, who starred in plenty of crappy genre movies)

In my headcannon she’s Emily Crenshaw Conner

1 Like

I know that Kinga is fully named Kinga Clayton Forrester… but in MY headcannon she is “Kinga Dora Forrester.” (as a nod to King Ghidorah from Godzilla.)

4 Likes

@cg_angel Clever and I love it!

1 Like

Maybe they get half credit fir the “on” in Connor.