Why isn't "Backer" next to my name?

I expect that they’re working out a few bugs, this is a beta after all.

1 Like

Guess who’s part of the Backers’ club now!

1 Like

So to summarize, requesting membership as described by DeepHurting and Eevee is what works. Thanks, everyone.

2 Likes

This is why @Eevee is such a valuable member of our community. Her advice also worked for me. Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad to have helped :grin:

6 Likes

AND She’s an AMAZING Pokémon!

3 Likes

Once you have requested and been accepted as a Backer the flair option appears

6 Likes

You rock!

3 Likes

Discourse didn’t automatically knew that all of you were backers, but you can request to be added to the “backer” group, which will let you get “Backer” next to your name.

You should be able to request backer status by going to this page:
https://forums.mst3k.com/g/backers2021

Once you provide your backer number and someone on our team approves the request, you’ll get the option to put the little “K” flair next to your avatar and/or put “Backer” after your name wherever you post!

17 Likes

I’ve been following this thread as I was also curious about this question. I’d read the suggestions, try them, become a bit confused, come back to this thread…

After several failed missions, I started hearing “Capsule? Capsule? Capsule?” in my head, but my brain was replacing “capsule” with “backer.”

And when I finally got approved, my brain cheered “BACKER!”

3 Likes

Hooray for Santy Claus… er, I mean Ivan. I’m now Backer recognized, and it feels so right.

(and thanks to Eevee and the rest of y’all for the help as well)

4 Likes

Well crap. Lesley must have added some or all of the street team as backers from the jump. Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to add confusion to the conversation.

2 Likes

Pretty Nice!

@NotTVsFrank we all know that spreading chaos is what you get up for in the morning. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So there’s no option for flair for me, but I am a backer.

2 Likes

See above.

The backer group membership has to be requested and added manually.

1 Like

me, in this topic, seeing a bunch of folks with “Backer” next to their names saying they don’t have it.

i love a happy ending 🥲

5 Likes

Anyone know where the “request” feature is on mobile browsers? I’m either missing it, or it’s located somewheres different.

1 Like

Click backer under my name and it should come up to click request

1 Like

Thanks Eevee. It doesn’t seem to do that for me. I’m on my phone though—perhaps that’s the problem. We’re you part of the first group allowed access?