Wierd Family Rituals

I just went to visit my sister and we watched a lot of MST3K while I was there. As an offshoot of one of the episodes we watched we decided to use “Merry Christmas, Dummies!” as hello, goodbye, I love you, etc., etc. literally for everything we can think of as a greeting or a goodbye.

Can I remember the episode that was in? Nope. Do I know why we made that decision? Double nope. That’s just how our family rolls. I should mention that we are deeply, DEEPLY wierd people.

Tell me, what MST3K phrase have you adopted as a family in joke?

4 Likes

Technically a ritual. We take turns each year deciding who gets to draw the hourglass symbol.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I am talking about!! Merry Christmas, Dummies is going to be my family’s love language for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

We used to have a little dog that liked sleeping under the blanket. When he was sleeping under the blanket on my side of the bed and I hadn’t come to bed yet, my wife used to tell me the dog was there by saying, “watch out for snakes.”

3 Likes

That makes me happy.

1 Like

Our family thinks MST3K is Pretty nice!

4 Likes

My family would lean towards “It Stinks”. I also had a new family member see mst3k for the first time via Pod People and immediately decide they absolutely needed an “I’m a Virgin” t-shirt stat. We recruit good people into the fam apparently.

2 Likes

Every Halloween, my parents watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show :flushed:

1 Like

“Time for go to bed!” is an awesome way to kick off bedtime.

1 Like