Wiki posts test

Trying something out, fellow MSTies. Going to make this post into a wiki to see how such a feature might at all be useful, won’t you?

Please give it your all by trying editing this post (it should be possible).

I am trying to edit this post - Starman

(and I made it a blurry spoiler
- @ColdStorage)

Gad about the post all day! - @SandyFrank

Wiki wiki wiki tweak scratch. @MichaelRobertson

Huzzah! @deanadolphin

You edit the wiki, I’m bitter.

Well I can edit it. Whether that’s a good thing… :grin: (@Pearls_Mint)

On the other hand, let’s not edit it. It’s a very silly post. (@moviegique)

Heyhey, this is fun! (@ArtCrow)

Hey! I can’t edit this post! (@FlyingSquid)

Oooo pretty edits!! (oh and apparently you have to add your @ it doesn’t do it automatically.) @LadyShelley

I heard there were badges? No, @NotTVsFrank, there aren’t any badges.

Badges? We don’t need no badges!

Hai kiba!

Frak, I think it works!

Stop making Uranus cracks, ok?

Hamdinger
(Is there a Hamdingers marketing jingle?)

Crow’s fears that his Veg’able stand will never get any business prove to be unnecessary after a destructive jaunt by Tom Servo.

“Ladies and gentlemen, just to play it safe, we’re going to take the freeway the rest of the flight.”

I think this guy just conned us into doing work.

I think you’re right,

:notes:I edit wikipedia​:notes:

10 Likes

Now, the question is, what an we use such a feature for? I can’t immediately think of a use, but I like gadgets, so this is still fun anyway.

Any ideas? (I’ll wiki this post too)

Testing to see if a wiki edit makes the thread pop to the top of the “new” queue. (It’s the new queue review, coming right at you…) @SandyFrank
Where three delightful robots have fun with what they do. @RRRob
We learn with our friend Joel (our friend Joel) @TheBindingPolymer

And, in summary

New Zoo Revue - Intro and Theme Song - YouTube

4 Likes

Perhaps if we were going to do a group-sourced compendium of … whatever: occurrences of a certain recurring riff or other lists already on the forum come to mind (SCTV references, for example). Maybe?

5 Likes

A couple of the creative collaboration threads I started (MST3K Tarot and MST3K Zodiac) would benefit from being wikis, I think. That way people could edit the suggestions directly.

5 Likes

If nothing else, its good for getting us a badge. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Interesting. I just edited the second wiki post here and it didn’t move the thread to the top of the queue. It may not have marked it as “new content”, either. So wiki edits may be “stealth edits”. @EBK, did you get some kind of notification that your post had been edited?

2 Likes

Yes. I see this kind of notification:

3 Likes

Cool, that’s good. Thanks!

2 Likes

Up for another test? I want to see if removing the wiki feature from a post simply locks the edits or if it removes them.

If you don’t mind, may I please have some edits here?

Do I have to?

OK, I will.

4 Likes

Ok. I have removed the wiki feature from that last post. It looks like it keeps the edits and the edit history. Good to know. Thanks @MichaelRobertson!

5 Likes

So whether or not something is wiki is done at the post level, not the thread level? Interesting—would not have thought that, but I’ve been on a forum hiatus that’s old enough to vote so everything has changed from what I remember.

4 Likes

That “Hai Kiba!” in the first post is my edit, but I got a message saying you can only mention 10 users in a post when I added my nametag

5 Likes

What he/she/they/it said.

3 Likes

Interesting. Luckily, you can see who edited what in the edit history.

4 Likes

This is a Canadian Conspiracy! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

How DARE you, sir. How. Dare. You.

4 Likes

Perhaps the one box function doesn’t work in a summary tag zone. Maybe it takes the power of a wiki reply!

1 Like

You probably still get the notifications, but if you removed the wiki feature from the first post, it still allows edits.

P.S. - Thanks for the badge(s).

2 Likes

I’ve kept the wiki feature on the first post. It is now a living, sentient being, and I enjoy watching it grow.

3 Likes