Wildlife Pictures

Anyone have any good wildlife pictures they have taken or captured on a trail camera? I’ll start.

I literally have thousands of pictures from trail cameras I have set up at work, so let me know if you want more and if you have any good ones of your own please share!

24 Likes

I found snek

9 Likes

Yay! I like snakes.

Caught this guy at work one day.

13 Likes

From the pic, it looks like a garter snake.

2 Likes

This looks like the set of Cry Wilderness with all of the animals represented lol

2 Likes

Team Snake!

Queensnake

Northern Copperhead

Eastern Ratsnake

Northern Rough Greensnake

Eastern Gartersnake

13 Likes

Those are so cool. Now I want a trail cam…and a trail.

2 Likes

If your preference in wild animals runs more to the furry than the scaly, here’s an albino groundhog that was living on the grounds of a remote cabin I stayed at in Highland County.

14 Likes

I love garter snakes and ribbon snakes but have never seen a green snake. Thank you for sharing these!

2 Likes

Whoa cool :flushed: :nerd_face: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My pleasure, glad you like! I love all snakes, even Copperheads in spite of them being quite deadly. This one wasn’t at all hostile thankfully, just soaking up the heat from the paved section of the park trail.

I almost walked into a nest of Cottonmouths while photographing a wildflower growing near them on the riverbank. Thankfully one of the snakes reared up before I did and the motion warned me. Here’s a photo of that nest, I still get a little lightheaded when I think how close I came to putting my leg in there. :fearful:

12 Likes

Yikes, do you ever wear snake gators? We don’t have any venomous snakes where I live, I’m pretty far North in the US so we only have a couple species of snakes. I’m glad we have a herper in the group! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll come back for them later!

1 Like

I probably should wear something protective. We have three venomous snake species here, as well as Velvet Ants, also known as Cow Killers.

8 Likes

Here are more for you guys.

15 Likes

I like all animals :grin:

1 Like

I too. And what lovely photos! Especially that handsome hummingbird. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! That is a Rufus hummingbird. I was taking a group of people to check a monitoring well where I work and there were tons of them in the willow, so I ran back to my office and grabbed the camera.

3 Likes

I always see interesting things when I’m out but I’m such a terrible photographer. Like, if I could’ve gotten this into focus, it might have been interesting:

Awful. I’m not even sure how it came out—I was using color film! And this one time when I went fishing? You should’ve seen the one that got away.

Then there was this time I went bird-watching. At least I got some color to come out on this one.

10 Likes

Don’t you hate it when that happens? But I think two of your photos are of cryptids. They are a very rare species I’m told :grin:

1 Like