Wildlife Pictures

Ah, quailses! So sweet! Those are great.

2 Likes

Okay, more pictures. I’m blurring some of these with the spoiler function since they are a bit grizzly. Hopefully it works.

Bunny hanging out in my backyard

This is an eagle that got into a fight with another eagle. We caught him hand handed him off to the rescue place, but unfortunately he was too injured and had to be euthanized. Don’t look unless you are okay with blood.

Lizard who decided he wanted to be my office mate. Caught him and put him outside away from our building

Pacific tree frog who scared the crap out of me and my friend when we were trying to change out the batteries on the trail camera we had just to the side.

Coyote with a snack. Again, nature isn’t nice, so don’t look unless you are okay with that.

4 Likes

That last one reminds me of when my sister and I went walking with her 3-year-old and came across half of a fairly fresh deer carcass. Since we have mountain lions in the area, we went back to the car immediately – and the kid got to ride on her shoulders all the way back.

3 Likes

Probably a wise move :smiley: the kid might have looked like a tasty snack. I mean, chances are small, but you never know. Most cougars that attack people are old or injured or too inexperienced to hunt its regular prey well, but a small child running around could trigger a chase reflex.

1 Like

All I have is a opossum under my bird feeder…

…and a squirrel that appears to be two different ones stitched together.

5 Likes

I was curious about the coloring so I google two-colored squirrels. I didn’t find the answer to your Pants Squirrel but I did find this:

2 Likes

Groovy squirrel! Possible causes include:

• Mutation causing an uneven distribution of pigmentation
  • Chimerism resulting from two fertilised eggs fusing in the womb producing two distinct sets of cells in one body
  • Environmental exposure to lawn chemicals or similar causing a bleaching effect

The demarcation is so bizarrely even, though! Quite trippy.

3 Likes

Maybe I missed it. Where do you work that you have mountain lions and people casually toss chickens over the fence?

1 Like

Not a trail cam, but here are a couple moose I encountered early one morning in Newfoundland.
116a

6 Likes

Frankensquirrel!

2 Likes

Military base. It’s mostly forested. I’m the Natural Resources Manager among other things.

3 Likes

Cool! None of the bases I ever lived on (Fort Campbell, Patrick Henry Village, Stewart AFB) ever had bald eagles that I remember. Seems like they should be compulsory :grin:

I know, right? We have 10 active nests on base. So we usually see a couple injured eagles per year.

1 Like

Here is a kitten someone threw over the fence

Same guy who took the rooster home also took this little girl home.

5 Likes

Nothing too exotic here in my part of PA. But hey! A woodchuck (groundhog?):

3 Likes

Better copyright that before it’s stolen. SyFy needs another Sharknado hit, and Tara Reid needs work.

2 Likes

I see you’ve caught the ultra rare hominid species known in some areas as skinwalkers. Not to be confused with Waarwhelfs.

1 Like

The woodchuck is cute but that third photo is clearly a chupacabra. RUN

1 Like

Hi, I’m a disabled person :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: who doesn’t like that word “gimp.” :face_with_monocle: Love the trail cams and confusing people. I do not believe chupacabra are inherently disabled or confusing by being disabled. :upside_down_face:

With a social model of disability, people who live with disability (differently abled, disabled people, PWDs) can enjoy the chupacabra’s effect on neighboring goats and cows free of confusion about how often they are in fact raccoons with mange.

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with chupacabras. I mean, who hasn’t wanted to suck a goat? It’s not just me, amiright?

2 Likes