will Santo be covered in all future seasons of mst3k

i had never heard of santo prior to this season. after lookinh him up there are a ton of santo movies. do you think we will get future experiments of
Santo and the Blue Demon
Santo and the martian
Santo and the vampire women
The mummies of guanajanto

4 Likes

They already did Santo and the Vampire Women in season 6. Not many of his film were dubbed, the only one I know for sure was dubbed is Santo in the Wax Museum.

7 Likes

El Santo made 52 movies, four of which were dubbed into English for wider release.

El Santo, legendary Mexican wrestler, commemorated in Google doodle | Mexico | The Guardian.

Two more!

6 Likes

Seems like Santo and the Blue Demon was common late-night fodder in the '70s, but I’m not sure which of the movies it was (they paired up a lot, I think).

2 Likes

I’d be on board to watch the other two. “Samson” and the Vampire Women was a fun experiment. It’s B/W, pre-Perico.

2 Likes

Both Santos have very solid episodes, and I would love to see more.

I have no idea if characters like Perico or Luisa appeared in any others.

2 Likes

The answer is an unqualified “yes”. Santo famously never took off his mask in public, so if/when there are future seasons of MST3K, should they choose to include a Santo movie, you can bet your bottom peso that Santo will be covered.

4 Likes

Sure hope so!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed, y’all.

1 Like

Santo will always be covered because he never takes off his mask. That thing must reek!

2 Likes

Santo did fifty movies (no, I did not mistype that), so there are enough to fill an entire season if they wanted too.

About ten or so were just put on Tubi, Treasure of Dracula included. Most are from the VCI box set of Santo films on blu-ray, with a few of his late career ones thrown in.

2 Likes

And we can screen them at the Santoplex!

7 Likes

I think “Santo and the Blue Demon Against the Monsters” would be a great choice. Not only is the film of good picture quality and in color, but the movie itself is crazy! He fights everybody! Vampires, a mummy, Frankenstein’s Monster and a puppet cyclops. And I love the way the Blue Demon just sits on Santos’s desk. Like it’s casual Lucha Libre day.

Though, now that I think about it. I remember it being subtitled.

Dang. :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

keep up the great work bro. After shows are always entertaining…

1 Like

if thats on tubi , i gotta see that

If this is the same movie he’s referring to, why yes it is on Tubi!

1 Like

I’ve seen one or two El Santo movies in the distant past and enjoyed them. I’d love to see some more of them riffed. (I’m fine watching the originals with subtitles, but of course MST3K wouldn’t do so well. Know anyone good at creating dubs?)

But I also wonder how many other deliciously ambitious non-English sci-fi/etc. films are out there and possibly a great fit for MST3K if dubbed. A TV series may not be a great example, though I recently saw some episodes of the German Raumpatrouille, or “Space Patrol: The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion”.
It’s quite good for its time, but it’s also so 1960s, and so low budget. :heart_eyes_cat: :bust_in_silhouette::busts_in_silhouette:

1 Like

But not completely. His insurances expired millennia ago

1 Like

If nobody objects to me semi-hijacking this thread for a second…
Who do you think was the better dubbed voice for Samson/El Santo: vs. Vampire Women or in the Treasure of Dracula?

Ah. Raumpatrouille is so much better than it gets credit for. The crew was great, especially the captain. He’s got an on-again-off-again hate/working relationship with the political officer. But he’s such a rule breaker. Kirk was always more for obeying the rules, but McLane had no problem telling people to stuff it.

And great set design. The bar they hung out in had gigantic fish tanks. I mean, with giant fish in them.

Oh…er Santos. Yes, we desperately need more El Santos films done. :grin:

2 Likes