Will there be a subscription available for all episodes?

This has probably been asked, but will there be an option to pay per month or per year for access to all MST3k episodes old and new?

1 Like

99% chance that’s a “no”.

They are making individual episodes available to buy or rent, the “subscription” portion only gives people access to the season 13 episodes and then there’s a rotating selection of episodes to stream.

I don’t have any insider knowledge, but I’m fairly certain that’s not the direction any of this is going.

1 Like

To make that worth it they would have to remove the episodes from all the places where you can watch them for free already.

3 Likes

Doubtful that old episodes will ever be a part of any sort of subscription in the sense that you describe. Like @TheBindingPolymer said, the older episodes are available in a variety of places for free already. I feel like the money they are charging to buy or rent episodes, be they old or new, is mostly to cover the cost of The Gizmoplex itself going forward and for any future new episodes they make beyond the ones funded by the most recent Kickstarter.

1 Like

I was wondering this, as well, and turns out I’m actually fine with the 6 vault episodes they are offering per month, instead. I’ve watched all 6 from the first set now and I think it will be just about perfect to watch 6 more classic eps each month.

3 Likes

They do have plenty of episodes available on other platforms, but even if they decide they want to put them all up in one place for subscribers, there’s the important fact that they’ll probably never have the rights to stream all the old episodes.

4 Likes