With the Halloween season on the way..,

This year will see the first official MST3K Halloween episode. :jack_o_lantern:

While I’m delighted we’re getting one, I’ve watched certain episodes in October for years.

Bride of the Monster- “I always thought being killed by an octopus was supposed to be peaceful.”

Tormented- “Oh, like there’s never been a sex scandal in Jazz before.”

Zombie Nightmare- “Is your Batmobile in the shop?” “Shut up!”

Werewolf- “I can’t believe you’re still in this movie.”

Any seasonal favs? :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

I like Zombie Nightmare and Werewolf during the spooky season, too. The Undead and The Touch of Satan are good because of the witches. The Atomic Brain also gets on my Halloween list because of the werewolf-like henchman and evil black cat.

7 Likes

All of us rn:

3 Likes

That magical time of year when the leaves turn brown, the nights get a bit cooler, the smell of pumpkin spice in the air can only mean one thing…

That’s right! The Spirit of Halloween shops will be back.

Wonder what haunted mansion stuff they’ll have this year…

6 Likes

Fire Maidens of Outer Space

Because Timmy.

7 Likes

I gotta go with Zombie Nightmare, there is just so much to love in that movie: Adam West, Tia Carrere, and of course Jon Mikl Thor.

Honorable mention to I Was a Teenage Werewolf which is the zenith of the “dangerous teenagers” genre.

10 Likes

I had never really thought about Halloween MST episodes. Christmas is really the only holiday I had a set MST viewing schedule for.

Although that kind of changed this year, thanks to someone here (now I can’t remember who) posting about their July 4 tradition of Rocket Attack USA and Invasion USA.

7 Likes

van halen GIF

6 Likes

fred jackson week GIF

7 Likes

Skeleton Dance Halloween GIF by Squirrel Monkey

8 Likes

I like Track of the Moon Beast. For RUSHING the Halloween season!

Also, The Final Sacrifice. It looks like they filmed it in fall so it just fits. Always a fall episode for me.

9 Likes

Like @Vader, I hadn’t associated Halloween with any particular episode. :thinking: I think that’ll have to change for me. Now that we’ve got Santo and the Treasure of Dracula, it’ll be my new Halloween contender along with the upcoming Halloween episode.

9 Likes

It’s not an out-and-out Halloween episode, but Godzilla Vs. Megalon DOES have easy-to-make Halloween costumes from the SOL gang and Deep 13 for that episode’s Invention Exchange.

7 Likes

For icky, gloppy, oozy, drippy, gooey faux-slasher movie fun, The Incredible Melting Man would seem to fit the bill for Halloween fun, since it’s possibly the goriest and grossest movie covered by MST3K.

8 Likes

Aaaannnndddd thank you for letting me know I can skip that one. :smiley: I don’t do well with gory movies.

5 Likes

Very welcome! :smiley:

Yeah, that one gets… disgusting. Graphically so. For folks who don’t like their movies to feature gore and/or grossness, The Incredible Melting Man is definitely one to pass up.

I don’t think it’s a surprise that such a gruesome selection was given the go-ahead for Season Seven, as it would have been around the time that Comedy Central didn’t really give a care what Team MST3K was up to.

5 Likes

Comedy Central featured a lot of boundry pushing content at the time. There was a non MST3K show dedicated to gory scenes in movies and South Park was not far off.

3 Likes

Ring of Terror has a real “Tale from the Crypt” vibe to it, and 40 year old teenagers. Perfect Halloween material. Pairs nicely with Tormented as a double feature.

Being from Another Planet, a mummy/alien movie, has a costume frat party that could serve as a Halloween party.

Earth vs. The Spider is a great “giant creature run amok” film. Unlike Giant Spider Invasion, they use a real spider to give it a proper creep vibe courtesy of Bert I Goron Gordon special effects.

Zombie Nightmare, for sure. Excellent zombie flick.

Parts: The Clonus Horror has a genuine uneasy feeling, and like Ring of Terror and any proper Halloween tale, has a downer ending (but with a little ray of hope at the end).

8 Likes

Many fine suggestions!

I often watch Bloodlust and Monster-a-GO-GO as well.

3 Likes

don’t remind me. i’m 43 that day. ugh.

1 Like