Worst Idea Ever: MST3K Inspired Dishes.

I have possibly the worst idea of my entire life. I’m a bit of a foodie and always put MST3K on in the kitchen for background noise while cooking. There must be a way to combine these two amazing human experiences in some way! So I ask you, my fellow MSTies, what horrible (Yet edible, and preferably delicious.) concoctions can, or have, you come up with in honor of some of your most unpalatable episodes?

16 Likes

You can try Mitchell. Get a case of cheap beer, bring to room temperature and enjoy.

34 Likes

I was considering trying every reasonable recipe provided. Now I definitely am! LMAO

3 Likes

Looking to make your next date with someone your last? Fix that not-so-special-anymore someone a little dish I call The Beginning of the End of the Relationship: grasshopper scampi.

15 Likes

You could make yourself a Great Stew with chicken, corn, green peppers, chili and (sigh) onions…

24 Likes

So many food options!

Hamdingers (invent your own ham based recipe if you like and call it Hamdingers). Serve it with a box of Chicken in a Biscuit.

A hamburger sandwich and some french fried potatoes.

Hot dogs, in honor of the monster from Horror at Party Beach.

Whatever it was they ate in A Date With Your Family. Make sure to keep that conversation mild! “Emotions are for ethnic people.”

And of course… turkey

17 Likes

Brilliant! And my shopping list for a week is complete! :joy: Desperately trying not to call out the obvious, ham and cheese samich with prosciutto and smoked gouda on a rustic Italian roll, or literally anything with corn.

4 Likes

See also “The Rowsdower,” a hypothetical case of beer served at 5778ºK.

21 Likes

I read this topic title as meaning plates (actual dishes) inspired by MST3K and I thought, if they riff my food I put on them, I’m buying a complete set! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

16 Likes

The Creeping Terror Salad. A spring salad served with a treacle and vinaigrette dressing! :joy:

4 Likes

Right, so since two of us like the idea, when does the MST3K Cookbook come out, and more importantly, when can we expect the royalties?

7 Likes

The Pumaman Casserole:
Cover bottom of casserole dish with Vadino onion petals.
Layer in stuffing or potatoes.
Top with cheese, glorious cheese!

17 Likes

The Beast of Hollow Mountain Spaghetti Western and Meatballs. It’s Chef Boyardee served with a side of disappointment.

11 Likes

Spamos: The Hams of Fate?

26 Likes

Mac and Me Cheese. Boil noodles in Coca-Cola instead of water.

33 Likes

Now available at your local McDonald’s. Trademark pending.

6 Likes

I mean you could have lobster (the “alien monster” from Teenagers from Outer Space).

14 Likes

Lobster?

I think you mean “Gargon”.

Edit: and don’t forget to remove the expandable claw restraints before boiling!

9 Likes

Do you people want to inspire a cookbook?

This is how you inspire a cookbook.

16 Likes

I’m just psyched to see that I’m not the only one who plays MST3K while cooking dinner! Awesome!

11 Likes