Worst movie you saw in the theater

“The Judas Project” - A friend duped me and a buddy into seeing it because our city’s weekly entertainment rag gave it a glowing review. At one point my buddy remarked, “Who knew that UN headquarters was simply a wood-paneled conference room in a business park in Atlanta.”

7 Likes

I saw Cabin Boy in the theater when I was a teenager. We were not amused.

18 Likes

National Treasure, aka the only movie I ever walked out on. The moment Nic Cage was in the arctic in a boat, looking at a pipe, or something like that, and said something about “iron will… pen…
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!”

… at that point I was like… NOPE. Not gonna sit here and watch a madman rant for two hours about tenuously connected crap that no sane person would ever be able to piece together.

9 Likes

Alone in the Dark

9 Likes

I’ve walked out of the theater on 2 movies: The Avengers (No, not THAT one. The 1998 one with Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes) and Alexander (what a mess). I did have a free preview ticket for Alexander, but I can’t get that time back…

12 Likes

I like that movie, but you make a very good point. There is quite a bit of plot driving character.

3 Likes

Wing Commander was pretty bad, but honestly, I knew it was going to be going in, but I had committed myself to seeing a bad movie.

The only move I contemplated walking out on was The Thin Red Line. Everyone I was there with admitted that if one of us had said they wanted to walk out, we all would have.

9 Likes

A movie I saw that I really didn’t care for (it was a ‘date’ movie) was Glengary Glen Ross. I guess I didn’t get the whole premise of it…

5 Likes

“Up Close and Personal.” My friend and I actually walked out it was so bad.

6 Likes

Gravity was the worst movie i have ever seen. I was so disappointed, I couldnt even fall asleep during it.

5 Likes

Either Freddy Got Fingered or Dungeons & Dragons.

13 Likes

Worst movie to other that i enjoyed was probably Almost Heroes, but that i regretted seeing…,possibly Troy

3 Likes

Phantom Menace. Certainly the absolute worst with regard to the expectation-to-disappointment ratio. Or maybe the second Matrix movie.

13 Likes

it’s a toss-up between Ultraviolet, and Electra. Disappointing on every level.

7 Likes

Oh, there have been a few:

Dune
Prospero’s Books (probably the worst one)
Shadow of the Wolf
Kenneth Branagh’s Frankenstein (I had a pregnant friend with me and was concerned the movie would hurt the baby)
ST: Insurrection (not the worst one, but the one that made me the angriest)

6 Likes

House of the dead, absolutely. My expectations were super low and yet it managed to be so unbearably bad and entirely unwatchable that my friends and I walked out about half way through.

9 Likes

The 2019 version of Pet Sematary. Not even John Lithgow was able to save that movie.

6 Likes

Ringo… Wait no… the Cat and the hat tops Ringo by far.

1 Like

I love watching movies - even bad movies - so I’ve seen my fair share of stinkers, but Mission Impossible 2 stands out in my mind as particularly awful. It’s not the worst movie I’ve ever seen in my life, but it’s the worst movie I remember seeing in the theater.

7 Likes

The Million Dollar Hotel. Thought it would be decent since U2 was involved. No.

7 Likes