Worst MST3K Movie Couples

So, we have threads for the best and worst heroes, and the best and worst villains, in MST3K movies. Now it’s time for the worst couple! Who has the worst chemisty, the most dysfunctional relationship, or is just flat out implausible as a couple? I’ll kick things off with:

Andrea & Ted from The She Creature

Andrea, a carnival otaku, finally has the mesmeric hold of Dr. Carlo Lombardi broken by the overpowering love of Ted. Which is remarkable, since Ted has no emotional presence in the film and most of the time seems to be working on his Eraserhead impression.

Eraserhead

13 Likes

Shut up, Iris.

11 Likes

He wouldn’t touch you, Terry. You’re dirt.

7 Likes

I would like to nominate these fine individuals.

36 Likes

To be fair, they never became a couple. Not even informally.

Anyway, I nominate Deathstalker and Ms. Potato Head. (Well, Deathstalker and anyone, really.)

8 Likes

Perhaps, but they are saved by the power of LURVE! Or something which feels suspiciously like it, but may actually be nausea from a ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl.

EDIT: Oops, I should have check which post you were replying to. Never mind! :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, you mean Jane as part of a couple. Not Terry. I really didn’t think that they became a couple post-ordeal. But maybe my attention wandered and I missed that development. I couldn’t really make myself care about anyone in that movie.

4 Likes

Tom and Crow

11 Likes

Blame the fanfics for that.

4 Likes

Can I say I hate the thread order and quoting system here? Because I neglected to expand which post you were quoting and assumed you meant Andrea & Ted. I see now you’re referencing my Terry line. Yah, they weren’t officially a couple, I just like the line in response to the one FlyingSquid used. Sorry!

4 Likes

But their wedding reception was pretty great. :wink:

7 Likes

The cop and the damsel in distress from The Unearthly. I can’t even remember their names.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah. That “happy” ending. It out-Twilighted Twilight. :confused:

3 Likes

Ator and his sister. Because obvious reasons.

15 Likes

The honeymoon had some problems, however.

Honeymoon

6 Likes

Well just because there’s a song called “If I Could Turn Back Time” doesn’t mean you should actually do it. I mean if the American Top 40 jumped off a bridge, etc. …

5 Likes

JC and Paisley from Sidehackers. * shudders *

Though, now that I think about it, the chemistry between Rommel and Rita wasn’t all that great either.

10 Likes

Just because of their lack of pre-werewolfing chemistry. I wonder what they do the next day?

18 Likes

Probably pick fleas out of each other’s massivly teased hair.

9 Likes

I like to think that Rum Tum Tugger (the Terrance V. Mann version) walked into that scene as the credits rolled and mauled both of them.

4 Likes