Worst Music Videos of All Time

Billy’s not sorry.

1 Like

November Rain video…but take away everything that made it good and have Axl swim with dolphins! What could possibly go wrong?!

file

2 Likes

Countless moments here where you should quote Hobgoblins.

“We’re simply relying on the integrity of the fabric at this point.” :shorts:

Thinking I might have my living room done over to match this video. I don’t know how they resisted the urge to have the band dress up like giant checkers pieces.

4 Likes

They beat them to the punch 2 years before.
mel brooks comedy GIF

2 Likes

JUST DO THE ST. ELMO’S FIRE THEME AND GET IT OVER WITH!

2 Likes

Starship’s “We Built this City” was an awful video for an awful song

6 Likes

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet-

2 Likes

The awfulness of this video is commensurate to the quality of the song, granted. But assuming the brief was to emphasise the toughness of the group and their status as apex predators in an urban environment it fails. A limited budget can only excuse so much.

2 Likes

The Kids Incorporated cover music video takes the song very literally. Acrobatic flips on a construction site.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I like that video.

4 Likes

Related: there was a lost opportunity in Monster A-Go-Go when the pretty lady is next to her stalled car, but there’s no riff yelling, “BIG LOG!” or “Where’s Robert Plant?”

Same with Incredibly Strange Creatures when the “hero” hallucinates all those pretty femmies fatalies all crowded together, but no one riffs on the nearly-identical scene (which may be an homage; I’ve always wondered) in “She’s A Beauty” by The Tubes.

2 Likes

Rembert Browne riffs the Safety Dance video

“I may have incepted the premise for this video in the director’s brain 30 years ago.”

" I can’t believe this garden gnome is dancing with this white girl again."

“I hate everything.”

1 Like

Sammy Hagar’s “I Can’t Drive 55” is so impossibly corny. To borrow some phrasing from Kevin Murphy’s Amazing Colossal Episode Guide write-up for The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, you could shoot whole popcorn kernels out of your nose laughing at the damn thing.

3 Likes

Credit where it’s due, though…

… I have to commend Sammy Hagar for dressing up like mustard AND ketchup.

3 Likes

If that color combo can work for Hulk Hogan, it can work for Sammy.

1 Like

It’s no Winner Takes It All. I’m sure Mike Nelson prefers it over that other song.
Episode 2 GIF by The Simpsons

1 Like

“Immortals” by Fall Out Boy. It’s just a record featuring Baymax from Big Hero 6 spinning around on the turntable for the entire runtime of the song. It’s just so boring.

1 Like

I really hate the bejabbers out of that “You Get What You Give” by New Radicals video. I don’t mind the song, but… hoo boy. Thinking about the vast sums of money thrown away on this kind of faux-rebellious empty shell, and how unlikely it is that the song-makers themselves ever see much of said money… :upside_down_face: This type of video can make any song seem like a plea for instant death, even when it’s supposed to be uplifting.

2 Likes

Never been into her music but I saw this on a Trainwreckords episode of her 2017 album and this is a textbook case of going through the motions.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me how bad Tank Girl was.