Worst performance by an actor/actress

Although brief, his legend will never die.

2 Likes

Let us not forget Lance Fuller from She-Creature, who inspired Mike to seek out his book Do Not Act and reenact scenes from such great films as Waterworld.

9 Likes

I second that nomination. An entire ensemble acting in an abyss.

2 Likes

Ruth the operator in Teen-Age Crime Wave. I don’t know why but, for me, the performance just felt phoned-in.

Hey, thank you! Thank you very much! That’s my time for this evening! Tip your servers and get home safe!

5 Likes

And she doesn’t actually speak like that. She’s also a brilliant businesswoman, worth $500 million.

3 Likes

Was thinking of this dude as soon as I saw this thread title - as well as the younger gentleman standing beside him who pauses while reciting his lines. (Joel’s “CUT!” riff is perfect).

In this case I’m almost certain they literally cast any American walking the streets of a Japanese city for these roles (or from an actual military base).

3 Likes

I for one do not, Duck Wan.

2 Likes

Special Group Participation Prize for the leading lady trio of The Atomic Brain.

They portray three different nationalities, and not a one of them convincingly.

Mike: “You’re all from Nebraska! Cut it out.”

11 Likes

Rock Hudson sucked all the acting out of her to fuel his own rampant over-acting.

8 Likes

Not an actor.

8 Likes

I would like to award her a few points for nearly mastering a very difficult second language.

6 Likes

To be fair, the one all the way to the left did play a cat well enough.

3 Likes

vlcsnap-2022-03-14-19h10m00s680
This glowing ray of sunshine from Agent for H.A.R.M.

7 Likes

I second this. It’s not just the horrendous attempts at accents, it’s their whole performances. Plus the old lady is just shrill, and the toady guy is phoning it in.

The performance as a cat was BRILLIANT, though. :laughing:

4 Likes

Everyone in Attack of the The Eye Creatures

They just didn’t care.

7 Likes

How about the detective guy from Zombie Nightmare ? What kind of accent he was asked to attempt, I have no idea; but IF the director wanted “Walter Matthau guest starring on TV’s Batman as The Penguin,” he NAILED IT.

8 Likes

The ‘director’ apparently had his style of directing take the form of ’ so in this scene, i want you to be clint eastwood. in this scene , i want you to be don johnson’ , according to frank dietz. The actor for the medical examiner was told ‘in this movie, i want you to be columbo’ and well, can kind of see it, even though the Walter Matthau as Penguin description is pretty much spot on :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

So many great answers here! I agree with most of them, but I gotta go with Angelika Jager as Valeria in Robot Holocaust. I think I said it once before; she’s so cute, but she couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag.

7 Likes

I love Kathy Ireland. She’s (in my opinion), the most beautiful supermodel of all time…but she’s a terrible actress. And that voice gave me a headache!

6 Likes

Didn’t Kathy Ireland have a line at Kmart at one point? I think my mom had some of her stuff.

5 Likes