Worst Song Ever

True but we’re talking on “Worst Song Ever” and whatever the process of why or how Sex and Candy is in that discussion. I’m with you on the rest of the album.

1 Like

I agree. But I felt the need to swoop in and protect my precious Marcy Playground.

I’ll trade you that song for this one?

3 Likes

Timmy T and Stevie B and they’re both freestyle.

2 Likes

So if you haven’t been keeping up with the news, a husband and wife team have been arrested for laundering $13.6 billion in crypto. The woman goes by the name Razzlekhan and has a rap career.

1 Like

It may be a doll, but some adult fantasized this.

To be fair, the original Barbie was a German burlesque figurine marketed to… [ahem] “lonely guys.” I think she had a different name, but damned if I’m gonna’ look for it.

So the songwriters had some understanding of quasi-literary truth, whether they knew it or not.

2 Likes

Definitely with him on Chicago and Cetera.

1 Like

Bild Lilli (Wikipedia)

2 Likes

Just read the comments and a large chunk of the comments are roasting her.

1 Like

So nothing of value was lost, is what I hear you sayin’.

1 Like

Pretty much.

1 Like

I have so much catching up to do re: polluting my hapless brain with even more terrible songs. But it’s nice of everyone to keep making sure the collection is updated and all in one place. It’s like Valentine’s Day every day! :cry: Thanks! :joy:

2 Likes

I honest to god can’t stand half of Adam Levine’s discography. Animals (that howl he does near the end) and One More Night in particular.

1 Like

I believe Moves Like Jagger was the reverse Smells Like Teen Spirit for the early 00s and Imagine Dragons were Pearl Jam. Change my mind.

3 Likes

Maroon 5 has the honor of being my least favorite band in the world.

3 Likes

Feeling remiss that somehow Sinatra’s “High Hopes” never made it into this thread.

Local radio station’s playing it. First time I’ve heard it since I was in Kindergarten, and I disliked it then, too.

(Sinatra is highly overrated, BTW. And this awful tune does him no favors.)

4 Likes

The Final Countdown, covered.

2 Likes

I’m with you on Sinatra. I love singers of standards and Sinatra is way down my list. Maybe early in his career he wasn’t too bad, but by the fifties and sixties when he adopted the swaggering attitude I couldn’t stand him, and that was when I first heard him.

He also bears responsibility for ruining the beautiful, wistful lyrics to “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” because he didn’t want to sound vulnerable, and now the newer lyrics he commissioned are almost the only ones you hear anymore.

And let’s not even get into what he did to “New York, New York.”

4 Likes

Except her dignity, such as it is.

2 Likes

As a kid, I tried to figure out the “High” lyrics. Nothing I came up with was noticeably worse than the canonical ones.

“Once there was a silly old man
Jumped right into a frying pan
Clippety clop and clup clup
He got all burned up…”

I don’t know how many people saw Brain as Sinatra in the later years of Pinky And The Brain, but… [chef’s kiss]

3 Likes

In fairness, the original lyrics are so depressing, Judy Garland said she would be a monster if she sang them to Margaret O’Brien (in Meet Me In St. Louis):

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
It may be your last
Next year we may all be living in the past

4 Likes