Worst Song From Your Favorite Artist?

That’s interesting you say that, I find that one fun for like walking around the block and listening to. Personally I find Thieves in the Temple to be borderline unlistenable, the lyrics aren’t great and I don’t like how he sounds like he’s whining. The beginning portion and the instrumentals are really nice though.

1 Like

There’s an evil horrible little ditty called “De Doo Doo Doo, De Dah Dah Dah,” which hurts to even type out, and now that I’ve done it I need to go disappear a drifter to make it stop.

edit: I am, of course, kidding. No drifters were or will be harmed due to the invocation of this giant stinking piece of shiznit effing crap song which makes me stabby, Sting, you effing turnip.

Hey, leave The Drifters alone! They were cool dudes!!

1 Like

On their self-titled debut, Midnight Oil made their only attempt to write a boy-loves-girl song, Head Over Heels. It’s très bad, though it’s the only song I know that uses the word ‘reciprocating.’

I’d post a video, but nobody needs to hear Real Man by Springsteen ever again.

Weezer’s Beverly Hills.

2 Likes

I entered the chat to hate on Beverly Hills.

2 Likes

According to sources, EP & A was a literal first take.

On a tangent I’ll give you the Bono/Frank Sinatra “duet” of I’ve Got You Under My Skin. The former joins in sounding like he’s passing a kidney stone. It’s his Manos moment.

1 Like

Insert Van Cherone song here especially EVH going full Roger Waters. May he RIP but he should not sing at all.

1 Like

“hey foxymophandlemama that’s me” was the first one I thought of. “Bugs” is up there, too.

Outside of some early 90s nostalagia I don’t even really like Bryan Adams.

that said I cannot let (I Wanna Be) Your Underwear go unmentioned (yeah i said it)

One of my earliest memories of my lips curling in revulsion.

“Wiggle Wiggle” by Dylan. It’s bizarre, jawdroppingly inane, and about as deep as a puddle. Yet, I’m utterly fascinated by it. It’s a complete “can’t look away” type of song. So, probably his worst, but I still strangely dig it.

More Beatles love from me! I generally love most of their songs, but I skip about half of the ones on the White Album.

I’m not sure how controversial this will be, but I hate “The Tide is High” from Blondie, although I love the band.

I really hate Wild Honey Pie. It’s one minute too long.

1 Like

Pretty much any CCR tune from their Mardi Gras album that isn’t performed by John Fogarty. One of the songs even sounds like someone doing an impression of Adam Sandler.

1 Like

I unabashedly love John Denver. But dear gods - this one’s a real stinkburger.

1 Like

I love the Grateful Dead, but I’ll almost always skip past ‘El Paso’ when listening to a tape.

I LURVE R.E.M. Automatic For The People is a nearly perfect record. I always skip “Ignoreland”. Gods but that song is plodding and dull.

1 Like

While I love me some Harry Nilsson, I really dislike his song “You’re Breaking My Heart”. Not that it’s all bad. It has a kind of catchy melody and the record has George Harrison and Peter Frampton playing on it, fercryinoutloud. I wish some one could have talked him into saving the melody for a later time (when he was sober) and working out some new lyrics for it, because the song as is displays a mean and unpleasant side of the man which I prefer to avoid.