Would you be IN a bad movie?

I would but I’m terrible at acting. Have to be something easy like “dead body” or “man killed eating sandwich.”

7 Likes

This made me laugh. However, instead of “man killed eating sandwich,” how about “man enjoying sandwich” since the late, great Warren Zevon did advise everyone to “enjoy every sandwich.”

3 Likes

I have no experience in filmmaking, but it always seemed to me that, with so many moving parts, isn’t it almost a miracle when a film is good?

3 Likes

That is sometimes the case!

1 Like

Sometimes, I believe that my life is just one long, bad movie. Does that count?

1 Like

Look! On the horizon!

Do you see the silhouettes of a man and two robots?

Your life may be a bad movie!

4 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve done far worse things for money, like play execrable music on stage, and other kinds of miserable jobs. Thinking about driving a taxi maybe one night a week: friends have told me of some pretty gruesome sights out there, although mostly good money.

As long as the movie people pay me from the second I show up to the moment I leave, I don’t care at all. Not doing my own makeup or wardrobe unless I’m paid for it.

In fact, the worse the movie, the better!

I want to be a dead body…

…in a movie…

…Yeah, thats the ticket.

1 Like

Haha, I read this as Superman 3 and thought “It’s a masterpiece compared to the trainwreck of Superman 4”.

But yes, agreed that it’s awful, from pseudo-emo Tobey Maguire to the comedically goofy Sandman.

3 Likes

A buddy of mine was an extra in Problem Child, he says John Ritter cused him out for “ruining a scene”
He was 10.

I was in a zero budget slasher movie called Leaving Souls back in college, in 2004. This included doing my own stunt of diving down a staircase headfirst (and to make things even more fun, the director had broken his back falling down those same stairs a few years earlier, so I had that going through my head). And it looks awesome, because it’s actually me doing it, so ever since I’ve given far less leeway to low budget movies with lame-looking stunts.

2 Likes

I appeared in a couple shorts shot by a friend of mine in college, some of which were used as PSAs before the weekly movie in the theater in the basement of Williams Hall… alas, nothing wider-ranging than that.

1 Like

A friend’s daughter played a dead body on NCIS. He was so proud and excited about it—it was very cute. The dad I mean, not the murdered corpse.

1 Like

All movies want to be Birdemic. That’s the gravitational pull of mediocrity. It’s only through the sustained heroic efforts of many talented professionals that some movies manage to avoid that fate.

Or it’s magic. I don’t know. Pass PASS!

You have my respect @RyanLohner. I don’t think many people would be up for a head first stair dive. But you have something epic to show the grandkids someday!

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I had the titular line in Star Wars.

1 Like

I’ve been in various student films which one could certainly consider ‘bad’ movies. I’d love to be in a mainstream and full-length bad movie sometime. So long as I’m paid. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a picture of me in makeup for one of those short films. Most of these films were fun and I got free food, so good, bad, or in-between, I didn’t mind. Plus, I made new friends at them! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well played, sir.

That looks awesome! Lots of time in makeup, I bet.

I knew my instincts were right. It is fun to be in cheesy movies. I’m very jealous.

What was your characters deal? Good guy? Bad guy?

1 Like

Y’know, it’s been so long ago, I’m not sure what my character was. I want to say a good guy, though. The makeup was neat, but I kept worrying it was coming off from sweat and/or I would get food all over it, so I didn’t enjoy the otherwise snazzy catering as much as I would’ve. I was proud that I actually remembered all my lines, though! Also, I had forgotten, but you can see I’m wearing a Green Lantern ring. :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, I’m a dork.

1 Like