You can get the rights to ONE missing episode. Which one?

Rocketship XM. It was one the episodes that got me hooked in the early '90s. Beyond being historic, it’s a great episode in its own right… and an old friend.

8 Likes

Real talk, I’d probably get distribution rights for Argoman from the first tour. Didnt get to see that one, but ive heard it is legendary.

Of the broadcast eps, tho, I’d probably go with a Godzilla, because those feel the most out of reach to me. Though im sure the rights to Riding with Death are as elusive as Robert Denby, too.

9 Likes

Yes! Argoman is my #1 wish.

5 Likes

I realize that it’s something of a legal/logistical impossibility, but I’d go bonkers for ANY of the MST3K Live shows on DVD.

7 Likes

Definitely Rocketship XM, the first appearance of TV’s Frank and Kevin’s Tom Servo Make it the winner.

7 Likes

Soultaker.
Bus taker.
Leak taker.
The long lost Estevez.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, same! It was the first episode I ever saw and I loved it and rewatched it so many times. I set the VCR to record it, but sadly, the second half got partially pre-empted because it was on after football (BOO we are not ready for some football!). I’ve never seen it in its entirety, but it’s always been one of my faves.

* The Leech Woman * The Mole People * Riding with Death * Agent for H.A.R.M. * The Final Sacrifice * Soultaker

These are all among my favorites, especially Leech Woman and Mole People, which I made all my friends watch. And Final Sacrifice and Soultaker are just stone-cold classics. It’s a bummer that the rights are gone now, but at least there are still the old tapes…

7 Likes

Awesome, right? :smiley:

That was always a concern, rewatching the hell out of those VHS tapes, but… hey, it was a good time, so who was I to argue?

BOO-MINUS

Aw, dang… sorry to hear that!

All fine selections!

The Sci-Fi Era had so many gems, especially the Season 8 entries.

And we can always circulate tapes… or URLs, as the case may be!

4 Likes

Attack of The
The Eye Creatures

7 Likes

Would be my first choice but Rocketship XM has a special place in my heart. TV’s Frank!!!

6 Likes

If we’re talking truly missing (not issued on DVD at one point), I have to go with one of my top ten favorites, “It Conquered The World.” Great riff, and out of the episodes not officially released, it’s easily the worst circulating copy. An upgrade would be greatly appreciated.
But what we really need is “Rocketship X-M”, because every MSTie needs to see it. It’s the beginning of what we know today.

5 Likes

I’d create multiple timelines where we get the rights to each of them, then do some kind of stupid comic book style multiverse merging so we end up with the rights to all of them in the main timeline. Sure, I’d probably destroy the fabric of reality in the attempt, but it would be worth it!

3 Likes

Everything Everywhere All At Gizmoplex

7 Likes

Maybe you can help me out. Back in 1995 I watched a Joel episode that I think might have been Godzilla vs. Megalon. It was absolutely hilarious but I haven’t been able to find the ep since. There was one shot in particular that I remember: it was a close up of “Kenny” or the little boy in the movie’s legs and the riff is “Say!” and then it pans across to reveal “Kenny” and they all say something like “D’oh!” Anyway, I’ve always wondered what ep that is because I’ve never been able to figure it out.

3 Likes

To the best of my memory, I believe that one IS Godzilla Vs. Megalon.

5 Likes

Yeah, that was Godzilla vs. Megalon. It’s tricky to track down because Toho usually has all YouTube uploads taken down.

5 Likes

Some mother crabber named @optiMSTie beat me to it.

4 Likes

ITcrowdfistbump

7 Likes

Omg, you all are the best! Thank you!! Mystery solved after all these years! I have wanted to watch this again for so long! It really was one of the things that got me super hooked into MST3K. I just remember crying with laughter watching this ep. Thanks again!!

6 Likes

For me it’s Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster. Godzilla on the thunderbucket. “Honey, come in here and talk to me.”

6 Likes