You guessed it kids, it's time for an YVONNE appreciation thread now!

I think we can ALL agree that Yvonne totally rocks and is utterly a badass. Let’s hear some love for @yifreeze!

Yvonne Appreciation thread: GO!

28 Likes

I saw the Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour back in 2019, and Yvonne as Mega-Synthia was probably the highlight of the whole thing for me. During the intermission, when Emily had to clean up all the props and toys that had fallen out of Crow when he tried to lift that barbell, Mega-Synthia was just kicking the toys around the stage and just making things harder for Emily. It was so cartoonishly petty, and it just cracked me up. I really hope we see more of Mega-Synthia in the season going forward.

18 Likes

Yvonne Yvonne you are the GPC for me. You drop in, just in time, and are as riffy as can be.

You love to give and give and give, your talents are clearly to see.

Yvonne Yvonne you silly blonde, your the GPC for me.

9 Likes

I for one just love love love Yvonne. They’re utterly and ridiculously adorbz and totally crack me up everytime they’re on screen - whether as GPC, Mega Synthia, or Yvonne themself. I live for the after shows for several reasons and Yvonne is definitely a big one of them. :heart: Even without any audio they’re still hella funny and incredibly expressive. The Mega Synthia bits are (chef’s kiss) hysterical too, so perfectly deadpan, I love it. I really enjoy everything Yvonne’s done on the show so much, and now seeing them this season in the aftershows, gosh, they’re just such an awesome person! Lots and lots and lots of love to Yvonne! :heart:

6 Likes

HER INTERMISSION ANTICS WERE A HOOT :smiley:

For ours, she saw me walking by, held out her hand with a plastic ball in it, and said, “Hey, you! You want this ball?”

I chuckled and said, “Sure!”

She proceeded to crush the ball in her hand, drop it on the ground, stomp on it, and kick it behind her, all while maintaining eye contact with me the whole time.

Heh, I couldn’t help but laugh pretty hard at that!

18 Likes

Which is to say, she was hilarious. Still is.

7 Likes

I dunno on whether I should laugh, or feel frightened.

8 Likes

roadtoeldoradoboth

7 Likes

She’s awesome and I definitely look forward to seeing more Mega-Synthia and GPC2 in future episodes!

10 Likes

What interests me is how they’re going to bring Mega-Synthia into the fold for Season 13.

We got a sense of her character and background from the live tours. In Season 13, we hear Synthia calling out to Mega-Synthia on the surface of the moon in Santo in the Treasure of Dracula, but haven’t really seen her fully integrated into the show yet.

I’m sure that when that happens, Yvonne’s gonna make that character memorable.

12 Likes

From what I’ve seen of her Yvonne’s been really good, but since I’ve never seen the live show that’s pretty much limited to last episode’s GPC and the livestreams. I loved what I saw of Mega-Synthia during, uh, whichever of the live watchalongs they were in character (Moon Zero Two?). She seemed like Pearl with the dial turned all the way up. I can’t wait to see how they work her into the show.

And it’s always good to see another kooky midwesterner on the show!

7 Likes

I want to give a special shout out to Yvonne and Conor’s duet of Anything You Can Do (I Can Do Better) from (I think) Turkey Day 2020, I flippin’ loved that.

7 Likes

It was Yvonne that got this reaction from Emily and all I can say is thank you.

14 Likes

Love Yvonne!!! Also love everyone else involved with the show too!!! Really happy there are live events like last night to showcase personalities and how hilarious people are. GOOD TIMES!!!

Also as Joel has stated many times in the past, Gallagher is not funny hahahahahaha!!!

7 Likes

I saw Yvonne in the Time Bubble Tour. I’m not sure there was any scenery left with how much she chewed it up. It was amazing.

I can’t wait to see her have a bigger role in episodes and bring that energy to the screen!

12 Likes

It’s also nice to have a Minnesota link to the show. Yvonne still lives in Minnesota although she’s apparently looking to move somewhere (not sure if she’s leaving MN).

8 Likes

I also remember her from the “No Retreat, No Surrender” tour. And yes, during the intermission, she was quite the presence.

For one thing, she really is quite tall.

9 Likes

LOVE her! She was hilarious in both live shows that I saw. For the Time Bubble tour, I had a front row seat and wore my Emily-inspired dress, so she made sure to menacingly gesture at another prospective test subject, and made my night! I’d love to see her interact with Mary Jo and Rebecca this season. They could do a revue called “Pearl, Pearl, Pearl!”

11 Likes

We need to make this happen.

9 Likes

That’s amazing!

5 Likes