You spell it S-A-N-T-A, but you say it "Santy": 🎅🏼 Conquers the 👽 Watch Party Open Thread

HO - HO - HO, kids! Let’s keep the holiday magic RO - HO - HO - HO - LLING with a festive watch party featuring the 1964 classic Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and humble but cheerful bookkeeper Joel Robinson Cratchit.

Watch along with us in the Gizmoplex:

…Or wherever else Santa drops MST episodes down your particular chimney. We’ll hit “Play” on the episode at 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific. If you join us past the start time, just fast-forward the episode to catch up - so if you’re 20 minutes late, pick up the episode at 20 minutes in and jump into the chat.

Please help yourself to some holiday punch and crock pot meatballs, and- you want to what? Oh, I don’t know…

7 Likes

christmas | DREAM GIFS

6 Likes

LET’S HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

Have fun, you crazy kids!

6 Likes

Yay! This is a holiday favorite around my house. Since I am under the weather, and unable to attend the company Holiday party today, I will happily join the watch party. It’s gonna be way more fun than watching people I don’t like do stupid things.

Wait a minute, that sounds a lot like movie riffing…

6 Likes

Ori prescribes a hot toddy!

5 Likes

( It’s not violating the Edicts Of No Context if it’s for a different movie, nu ? )

2 Likes

This was on my rewatch list for last night, but I switched it with Santa Claus so that I could watch with everyone here tonight.
I’ve probably seen this about 30 times by now, including in the theater in 1964.

8 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday!

This is a truly classic episode and I’m so pleased for another chance to watch it with fellow MSTies!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes

It was part of Iconfest (Iconathon? I can’t remember what they call it) at our local Drive In this summer. The Blob, Night of the Living Dead, and Little Shop of Horrors were on the other screen that night, so that was our choice. Would be cool to see it on a big screen one day, though.

5 Likes

I have seen it unriffed all of once, at a local pub and ouch that was one time too many. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Well, at least you were in the best possible setting to dull the pain.

5 Likes

Love love love this episode. There’s a lot of sentimentality bound up in this one.

This is the fifth MST3K episode I saw, and the third one that I recorded off of TV, thanks to the Mystery Science Theater Hour.

Ever since I saw this when I was in junior high, I made it a part of my holiday viewing traditions. It’s beyond fantastic to be able to continue those traditions here in the forums!

7 Likes

I just recently learned about the live theater version:

I would love to see that one day. Not “spend time in L.A.” love it, but love it.

7 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

:heart: Snowglobe Servo & Rudolph Crow :heart:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Was reminded a few minutes ago that it’s Mike who wrote this immortal ode. So, Mike, if you happen to be spying on us right now, just picture me crushing you in a giant chaste bearhug. <3

5 Likes

Just so adorable! I’ve watched this episode dozens of times and this never fails to instantly put a smile on my face. :slight_smile:

6 Likes