Young Tom Servo in Vampyros Lesbos

Thought I’d share this young Tom Servo, early in his career, in the epic Vampyros Lesbos (1971) with Ewa Stromberg. It must have been hard for a young, struggling bot to get a start in films, so I guess foreign films offered an easier entry point. I particularly like his ascot! Very trendy and euro-fashionable young bot.

15 Likes

Was Tom even born yet in 1971? :thinking:

6 Likes

You should really just relax.

5 Likes

@FlyingSquid
Looks like Ewa really is!

6 Likes

@Amanda_Gregory
Anything’s possible somewhere in time and space!

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that Tom Servo is a time traveler… And is his own grandpa ?!!

3 Likes

@Amanda_Gregory
No silly! He’s a robot, and we know they don’t have parents.

4 Likes

That’s not what I learned from Futurama at all.

7 Likes

“You’re not my real dad!” implies the bots do, in fact, HAVE a real dad.

6 Likes

There IS one episode where Joe (Mike?) explains robots don’t have birthdays though!

3 Likes

So Tom has a biological parent, but was not born… So he hatched from a robot egg, obviously. PROBLEM SOLVED.

3 Likes

Also, when Crow sees the spider bus robot in Robot Wars he gets super excited and calls it “papa,” but Jonah squelches that.

What are the hosts hiding?

Where did the bots really come from?

Are we truly to believe that Joel built them from scraps as he claims, or might there be a different, more…extraterrestrial explanation?

Ancient alien theorists say: yes.

5 Likes

3hnj4d

When in doubt… ancient aliens.

7 Likes

I just want to know if anyone looking at that picture is thinking what I’m thinking…

4 Likes

That this is a good, wholesome, family show and nothing untoward is happening here? Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

5 Likes

Oh, I think we are.

Oh, did you mean the original one?

5 Likes

By that time, his lungs were aching for air.

4 Likes

He was born in 1971.

4 Likes

That is a person. Tom servo is a robot. :thinking:

5 Likes

Mayhap Tom Servo has always existed. His eidos just visits select people throughout history to help craft a most perfect physical form.

5 Likes