Young Tom Servo in Vampyros Lesbos

Perhaps the real Tom Servo is the friends we made along the way? :thinking:

8 Likes

So Tom Servo is a kind of robot carcinisation, if you think about it. Gumball machine with arms is the robot form all robots tend towards.

5 Likes

I was going to argue that the box robot was the ultimate form, but then I had a look at some of the classic robots, who do have certain elements of Servosity to them.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Futurama Dancing GIF

5 Likes

Capture tom.PNG

7 Likes

What about Exhibit C? Very Servoesque.

4 Likes

Yes, I too think that this early skirt design isn’t that great and that the fancier one later on is much better.

:angel:

3 Likes

People, people… there’s a completely reasonable explanation for Tom’s appearances in both 1971 and 1988 onward.

What do you know about Roko’s Basilisk?

2 Likes

NO. Just no.

2 Likes

Awe yes a night to remember…

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing, do enlighten me, if for no other reason than the screamed “NO!” When you mentioned it.

1 Like

One day, LessWrong user Roko postulated a thought experiment: What if, in the future, a somewhat malevolent AI were to come about and punish those who did not do its bidding? What if there were a way (and I will explain how) for this AI to punish people today who are not helping it come into existence later ? In that case, weren’t the readers of LessWrong right then being given the choice of either helping that evil AI come into existence or being condemned to suffer?

2 Likes

Oh, there you go, trying to look up Tom’s skirt! Does everything have to be NSFW? I clutch my pearls at you madam!

3 Likes

East Eddie? Is that you?

2 Likes

You expected some other mother crabber?

5 Likes

I can’t speak as to what might be on the inside of the skirt. Rumors aside, we’re just casual acquaintances. I mean, he did sign my holiday card, but so did the rest of the cast.

3 Likes

@Pantalones
Yes, I believe we ALL are!