Your 'excuses' for missing work next Friday... let's hear 'em.

You know you’ve got to take them for a test drive. I have a couple in mind, and I’ve been careful not to mention the Launch (not that they’d really know, wfh and all but in the spirit of the late '80s). Kind of a Senior Skip Day? Though of course like a maroon I sched’d virtual coffee hang out with my team at 10 AM, pffft.

Obviously bonuses for basing on a riff or experiment.

10 Likes

My car ran out of tire.

11 Likes

Good, good. Short, doesn’t get caught in a complication. Easily remedied but inconvenient for an unknowable duration. Just checking- you uh, do normally drive to work? It’s these details, I feel, where we often slip up…

5 Likes

uh-oh

THEY KNOW THAT I UNICYCLE TO WORK

CURSES!

FOILED AGAIN!

6 Likes

I can’t miss work. My classes are in the process of doing some big assignments so skipping is not possible.

However, in the spirit of the thread…

I’ve been mesmerized by Mount Svengali and am in communication with the crawling eye.

9 Likes

I have to return my Gila Monster.

It was supposed to be a giant Gila Monster but instead they tried to slip an XXXL Gila Monster past me as if I wouldn’t notice.

8 Likes

Ok good, nice, playing the 24 hr insanity angle. No medical evaluation or bloodwork to trip you up, likely your class will back up your being temporarily out of service on more than one previous occasion. Be sure to consult a 1990s era pithy greeting card with an inscription on perseverance, and take lots of deep breaths and pauses while leaving your voicemail.

5 Likes

Remember that it’s have to, not want to, and how close you were to having an emotional support lizard and now you can’t even. Mention its apple cores and that you can still hear its last meal with you struggling not to be eaten. Life… You just need some you time.

3 Likes

No no we’re ok. It’s cold, when you took the spare out it was… ummm… it… so ah, where do you keep the spare on a unicycle?

3 Likes

My approach is just leaving early, using personal time off. Already set.
Am using spare time to see the best of the old stuff, though

2 Likes

Let’s just say that I found a way to circumnavigate the need for an official [makes air quotes] helmet [stops making air quotes].

2 Likes

I have uh… an essay to write. Big, important contest. That’s it!

10 Likes

Oh, an intellectual approach. Well to each their proclivities. Just be sure not to smart yourself into letting your place of employ in on these skills. This should be a day of joy to look back on, not a… wait, did you get the memo? About the TPS reports? Anyway, watch it- whatever you do DO NOT hint that you might have won. That way lies middle management.

4 Likes

And if they catch you?

Well…

11 Likes

Right, yeah… universal, crosses language and culture barriers, less said is better and easy to spin to a talking point for the boss or hr, builds sympathy and may showcase ability to rise above the cards you were dealt and covers the gap between the apple and the tree. Solid.

3 Likes

It’s my day off, MTHFKK!:grin:

5 Likes

My Japanese class only last for 50 minutes in the morning, so I’m glad that I have time to watch the premiere!

6 Likes

My dog ate my job.

14 Likes

I was at my funeral.

15 Likes

Ok not bad, but you haven’t used that one before, right?

6 Likes