Your 'excuses' for missing work next Friday... let's hear 'em.

You stick with what works.

8 Likes

Some guy who looks like Johnny Mathis robbed the house last night.

6 Likes

@UrnotRibs Johnny Mathis? “IT’S NOT FOR ME TO SAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!”

5 Likes

Aren’t you Mistretta?

3 Likes

Had to mow the roof and walk the dryer.

5 Likes

Oh hm yeah this one, traditionally, bang on for Hobbits. You might be overcomplicating with walking the dryer. If they go for mowing the roof, then I suggest a mention of low blood sugar after that; sitting down for a bite and a drink play as downright sensible to that sort. Simple fare, raisin snails and Mr Pibb, you know. Be careful not to accidentally ask anyone to tea. If you think you might lose them on the manual labor front, I’d frame it as a new landscape contractor you’ve got to make time for. Stick to the food and drink follow-up no matter what.

4 Likes

Leela: Oh, I completely forgot, I left my apartment on fire!

Bender: And have to take my LSATs!

Fry: And I can’t take life anymore! (jumps out window)

9 Likes

The dog dug up and chewed the Internet cable, I sat on and broke my smartphone, and my car’s in the shop.

—Message left on boss’s voicemail

6 Likes

I’ll tell them my patent papers are at a slight angle

13 Likes

Easy peasy. Its Saturday, I am not coming to work.

To pull it off you just need to live on the RIGHT side of the planet, lol.

10 Likes

In an unprecedented display of personal organisation, I booked the day off months ago.

7 Likes

Likewise.

This is the premiere of Season 13. I ain’t playin’ around this time.

5 Likes

I got caught in a case of Hamdingers, and shot out the airlock, now I’m stranded somewhere in the Australian outback. Pretty sure I will be stuck here until at least Monday.

7 Likes

I’m not allowed to watch until after dinner when my wife is ready to watch things. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s Gallano to you!

1 Like

Joel’s not releasing all the new experiments in one bingeable Gauntlet-style job lot, so I’ll be at work next Friday, looking forward to what is coming.

1 Like

Tradition dictates that one watch The Guantlet on March Fo(u)rth (also known as Night of the Msties) immediately before the premier of season 13, and while engaging in excessive button pushing.

2 Likes

I have to stay home to sign for my Interocitor delivery

13 Likes

Is that where Joel ended up?

I just realized that’s an episode of “The Regular Show”, complete with, they have to get back to work by Monday or they’re fired (of course).

4 Likes

See, the problem here is that my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh, my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of penguins, so it’s kind of a family crisis.

2 Likes