Your fantasy ConventioCon guest list and directors panel lineup?

Special Guests: Peter Graves, Kim Catrall, Bela Lugosi, Joe Don Baker and Bruce J. Mitchell (Rowsdower)

Directors panel: Ed Wood Jr., Coleman Francis, Hal Warren, Bert I Gordon and Bill Rebane

Musical performances by Arch Hall Jr. and Dick Contino

1 Like

Comic Relief Panel: Paul Gilbert, Robert Donner, Kon Omura, Bill McCutcheon, Sid Melton, Steven Boggs, Dirch Passer, Steve Franken, Alberto Rojas

2 Likes

Armida as Awana

For those who might not immediately recognize one or more of those names, in order they are Hi-keeba Guy (104), Inspector Pratfall (204), Cornjob (312, 1307), Dropo (321), Little Monkey Boy (208, 520), Kyle (908), Peterson (1101), Danny (1103), and Perico (1301).

1 Like

Sid Haig

1 Like

If we can conjure forth anyone from over the course of history to take part in this, I would want Peter Breck to discuss his choices in The Beatniks.

I think we could do really well in the music department: The panel could include John Williams, Elmer Bernstein…

Joel Goldsmith, Michael Kaman, Murray Gold, Howard Shore, Bear McCreary, David Arnold, James Horner

1 Like

Right?! It’s kind of amazing. You rarely (never?) get a great director on MST3K, occasionally a great actor, but it’s practically even money on getting a great composer/orchestrator.

There have been Oscar winning directors associated with MST3K movies, but usually as actors (Clint Eastwood, Johnathon Demme).

1 Like

Demme! Which one is Demme in?

Huh. According to IMDB he’s in Incredible Melting Man, but I’ve never noticed him in there anywhere.

1 Like

He was the guy who, along with his girlfriend, was going to go into their house, but he finds that the doorknob is coated with melty slime.

1 Like