Your Most Niche Fandom

mst3k607mariabamfordcredit

She sure is, especially with her connection to MST3K!

(Taken from the end credits for Bloodlust.)

9 Likes

I remember Probe! I loved it. I was very disappointed when it was cancelled.

3 Likes

I’ll take a badge for Tomorrow People and Forever Knight, please.

6 Likes

I love Maria Bamford! She’s one of my favorite stand-up comedians!

6 Likes

YES!

I think ‘Old Baby’ is the preeminent one hour comedy special. They should have retired the format after that one.

6 Likes

My favorite Bamford bit

6 Likes

You are reading some authors that highly influenced HPL, especially Machen. Reading Gothic literature, like Radcliffe and her contemporaries, is a good idea. Have you read Clark Ashton Smith, one of HPLs friends? Robert W. Chambers is high on my list of authors as well.
Brockden Brown is worth reading because he was so early, at least in the US. His descriptions are very vivid and he espouses interesting political viewpoints along the way. “Arthur Mervyn” is my favorite of his, a story of life with the Yellow Fever.
I started reading and collecting HPL in the spring of 1968; and my life has never been the same since.

5 Likes

I’m not too proud to admit that I can’t get me enough of any usually semicircular in plan and arched ornamental recess, in a wall or the like, as for a statue or other decorative object.

5 Likes

My favorite home video format to collect is Laserdisc. The cover art is awesome, the sound is incredible, and the films are often unaltered.

10 Likes

dunno if this is obscure but i love snl. collect books about it and everything. i even love 'em when it makes a major change because it sucks at first and then builds itself back up again. ever seen season 6? jeezuz…

i love icarly too.

and eating canned food right out of the can.

6 Likes

i’m gonna eat you, little fishies!

8 Likes

bioshock 1 and 2? oh yeah! any portal and/or fallout fans out there?

5 Likes

I’m sure I have though the first thoughts in my head were, “Yeah, the Cthulhu Mythos…” but that’s August Derleth. Then I thought, “Oh, The Willows!” but that’s August Derleth. Heh.

3 Likes

The least funny thing ever.

Perhaps I could introduce you to a little movie called Repo Man?

7 Likes

I think The Willows was by Algernon Blackwood. But there’s a whole cadre of late 19th-early 20th century horror writers who tend to blend together in my head.

3 Likes

My mom (who’s Japanese) LOVED the Moomins when she was little.

5 Likes

haw! twice!

4 Likes

This one’s VERY obscure. I was one of the few people who discovered this cheesy yet educational puppet show called Beat City Kids. Since I’m afraid to show it to you guys here, go here. Oh, and read the description first.

4 Likes

I too love Johnny Dollar! I discovered it years ago through the Radio Drama channel on satellite radio. When I dropped my subscription, I found the shows through “old time radio” app. Yes! I too would consider this my niche fandom. (I mean… it’s a mystery show, about an insurance investigator… writing off expenses along the way! What’s more niche than that?!)

5 Likes

@catwaller cuz I like to eat little fish!

5 Likes