YOUR OPEN THREAD for the Moderators’ Choice Community Viewing Party for MST3K’s presentation of Hercules! ***TONIGHT,*** Friday, August 26th at 8PM EST / 5PM PST

herculesposter

Labor Day weekend in the US is almost here, and your forum moderators are getting the ball rolling early with a watch-along of MST3K Episode #502, Hercules starring Steve Reeves and Sylva Koscina!

And everyone here is invited to join the party! Let’s all have a great time watching Joel, Crow, and Tom Servo take on the famous 1958 movie featuring the “mighty saga of the world’s mightiest man!”

There will be adventure, excitement, intrigue, romance, and yes, even riffs!

With Labor Day almost upon us in the States, we invite y’all to join us for the 12(-ish) labors of the man himself in this classic episode from Season 5 and help us celebrate the last bash of summer in a big, big way: Hercules style!

The fun begins at 8PM EST / 5PM PST this Friday, August 26th right here in YOUR open thread for tonight’s Herculean viewing choice!

And here’s a handy link to the Gizmoplex copy of the movie:

12 Likes

Good episode, I’ll see if I can join you (I have to work, and I’m not sleeping worth a darn of late, so I might zonk out during the show)

Until then, please enjoy Bill Murray as the Mighty Hercules

4 Likes

I’ll be there unless hell or high water get me first!

hercules GIF

6 Likes

We hope to see you there, and if you should happen to zonk out, we’ll hold it down for ya! You just take care, get the rest you need, and all the best to you.

HELL YES :smiley:

4 Likes

Most excellent, we’ll look forward to seeing you there! :smiley:

(And you KNOW I had to laugh at the Eddie Murphy zaniness!)

3 Likes

5 Likes

Okay, now this is an excellent episode that doesn’t get enough attention. I’ll try to be here.

And I’ve always loved that Bill Murray Hercules sketch.

5 Likes

Is this going to be streamed, or is everyone syncing up?

3 Likes

This is going to be an independent sync-up deal, so everyone will have to pull up a copy of Hercules (I’m going with the one from the Gizmoplex rather than my DVD) and hit “Play” as close to 8PM EST / 5PM EST as possible so we’re all in the same kinda general ballpark.

3 Likes

Everyone’s always up to a minute or three different even when it’s a single streaming event, so I imagine this won’t be much different. I’m also going to use the Gizmoplex instead of my copy to make sure it’s at least the same version.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen this one in a while. Definitely interested to see how this will go!

I am so there! Should be fun! :smiley:

2 Likes

Heh! :smiley: Well played!

Definitely an underrated gem.

Hope to see you there!

Most excellent! It’ll be sure to be quite a time!

3 Likes

Oh yay! I’m totes in!

3 Likes

Are you so sleepy you can hardly keep awake?

7 Likes

Yes, but unlike Herc I’m not getting tons of refreshing sleep.

Look at him with that slight, satisfied smile… Maybe Hercules is a sleep leech, he takes more than his share, stealing and sucking away Zs from unfortunates like me.

4 Likes

Ok so I’m dumb, (just getting that out of the way now.) Where are we watching it? On our dvds vhs, online streaming, if so who’s site?
Thanks

3 Likes

We suggest using the Gizmoplex copy, from either Gizmoplex.com or the screening bunker at theater.gizmoplex.com. Everyone will press play on their own at 8 PM EDT, and that way anyone who joins late can just fast forward to however many minutes past the hour it is to get in sync with the group.

4 Likes

ThAnK yOu :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I make a dumb movie poster for each event…Threw this together for tonight!

9 Likes

Huzzah! I love The Herc!

3 Likes