Your past holiday and travel photos! Nudge nudge wink wink

World’s largest mailbox in Casey, Illinois, home of many ‘worlds largest’ things and very little else.

8 Likes

Try the tamales.

5 Likes

Seen in my family’s ancestral home of Crystal Springs, MS

7 Likes

I thought that was the Brawny guy. Gosh don’t I feel dumb. I thought I knew a thing or two about a thing or two.

5 Likes

I also made it to Mount Rushmore during my trip to South Dakota three years ago; I visited it after Wall Drug. It was a sight to behold; my jaw dropped when I actually saw it in person.

My sources tell me this is the most photographed statue in the USA. The second most photographed statue is the Paul Bunyan Statue in Bemidji, Minnesota shared earlier in this thread.

7 Likes

How was Crazy Horse coming then?

3 Likes

Here’s a photo from about 20 years ago of my friend being dwarfed by a giant box of Bisquick at the flour museum in Minneapolis.

7 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to stop by the Crazy Horse monument. I do want to go back someday to South Dakota.

2 Likes

Jamestown, North Dakota is about 100 miles from me and it is home to the World’s Largest Buffalo! I visited there three times - this photo was from 2015.

At present, the statue is being repainted.

World’s Largest Buffalo getting repainted - Jamestown Sun | News, weather, sports from Jamestown North Dakota

8 Likes

This was a fishing trip in the Catskills. That’s not my horse.

8 Likes

I went to Egypt in December. I couldn’t believe how amazing it was to see the pyramids there.

Step Pyramid at Saqqara

Sphinx and Khufu’s pyramid

Tomb in Valley of the Kings

Funerary temple of Hatshepsut

9 Likes

10 Likes

My dad had some relatives near there… that thing is crazy huge!

2 Likes

When I went to the Louvre many years ago, I took as many pictures of statue butts as I could. I don’t wanna get in trouble so I’ll not post those. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m trying to keep score of how many of the Americana pictures here are things I’ve been to. Besides my own pics, it’s currently:

• Wall Drug
  • Mt Rushmore
  • Clarksville MS, though not that specific blues club
  • Mt Rushmore
  • this buffalo
  • EPCOT

North Dakota is also home to this cow, Salem Sue:

8 Likes

In that other thread, you said you had been down I-40 - did you stop at Cadillac Ranch?

7 Likes

Not only did I stop there, we picked up some green spray paint and left our mark

We were heading east, and we met some bikers who were heading west; they gave us their recommendation for where to get the best pizza in NYC.

8 Likes

The guy who did the art at the Cadillac Ranch was once asked what art was, so he put up giant letters that read ART and called it a day.

5 Likes

Salem Sue may be big, but does she talk? Chatty Belle does.

3 Likes