Your pick for the most bizarre B-Z GRADE MOVIE

Hi All!
On your search for the “best of the worst movies” have you ever come across something extremely bizarre? Im talking Manos level or worse.
I have learned that mst3k movies can sometimes be bad, but look like Oscar contenders compared to the likes of such trash as Suburban Sasquatch, or Blood Shack.

What are your choices?

3 Likes

Any movie directed by and starring Neil Breen. You can find some on Youtube.

4 Likes

Lycan Colony is a good one. It has that perfect mix of high ambition and incompetent execution.

1 Like

Oversexed Rugsuckers from Mars is… quite the experience.

1 Like

I was introduced to Forbidden Zone one Halloween night.

Quite the array of randomness, featuring Tattoo from Fantasy Island, Danny Elfman as Satan (along with the rest of Oingo Boingo), and quite a bit gratuitous nudity. Also, it’s a musical that takes place in “The Sixth Dimension”.

It’s bizarre… and I can’t look away.

10 Likes

The Apple. Positively wild in a totally weird ambitious way.

8 Likes

Tammy and the T-Rex

Governor Gabbi

3 Likes

APE…a south korean/american production. it’s a king kong rip off and it has basically a guy in a rented gorilla costume. at one point you can see the cuff of the arm sleeve and i think you can also see the actors shoes…it has the mom from the TV show growing pains in it…just a grade z film.

3 Likes

I have to suggest the Z grade movie weirdness that is Queen Kong.
Feel the burn. Full movie.

1 Like

I know it ain’t December yet, but…

SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY!!!

3 Likes

I endorse “Forbidden Zone,” “The Apple,” and “Ice Cream Bunny.”

I’ll add “The Godmonster of Indian Flats,” “Blood Freak,” any random Godfrey Ho movie with “ninja” in the title, “Glen or Glenda,” “Black Devil Doll from Hell” and “Tales from the Quadead Zone,” “Night Train to Terror,” “Maniac” (1934), “Blood Diner,” and pretty much anything by Doris Wishman (especially “Bad Girls Go to Hell” and “Indecent Desires.”)

And, on a whole 'nother level, “After Last Season.”

I could go on for quite a while on the subject.

2 Likes

Or “Tanny and the T-Rex” as it was originally named. I agree it is a truly bizarre film.

3 Likes

Anything by Álex de la Iglesia

1 Like

ls

Liquid Sky

I freaking loving this movie. I don’t think I can relate the plot here, and honestly it would be a disservice to you to do so. It’s best untangled by oneself.

2 Likes

And this one I attended a special premiere of. I don’t know how much of a release it got afterwards.

do

Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam

“Starring” Jim Varney in a non-Ernest role (though the character cameos in what appears to be a hastily added intro), this movie plays out like a game of exquisite corpse in the hands of a group of cinematography undergrads. Neither avant-garde nor inept, it’s avant-inept.

2 Likes

I would have to say Thankskilling, with the killer turkey. Thankfully they ran with their incredibly low budget nature, so it’s funny in that “so stupid it’s hilarious” way

1 Like

I was going to say Tales from the Quadead Zone. Someone beat me to the punch.

1 Like

Omega Doom starting Rutger Hauer. Cyborgs defeat mankind and I guess they get bored and turn on each other? While looking for guns.

Hey, have you seen BiM? They were totally supposed to meet me here an hour ago…

1 Like

The weirdest for me is probably my favorite-- Fun in Balloonland. Such a fever dream! Yay yay!

4 Likes