603. The Dead Talk Back (1957)

They’re like goats. And you’re right. It’s much of the joy of it. The actors are so sincere and they eat everything given to them.

8 Likes

Maybe post-production on The Dead Talk Back (1957) wasn’t actually finished. The narration may imply filling holes prinicpal photography couldn’t carry. The explanation to Dead vanishing for 36 years perhaps could hold the answers to those questions. Unforunately, we’ll never know.

6 Likes

Re: Raymond Millburn Interrogated

I love his smile so much! What is he on? Where can I get some of it?

One of my favourite scenes from one of my all-time favorite movies.- thanks for making the clip.

3 Likes

I didn’t produce the clip. I just found it. It seemed to fit.

“Welcome to Wynn’s!”

2 Likes

Really enjoy this one! Might be one of the most straight-up weird movies they ever did. There is just something about it that fascinates me. It has an interesting premise, but it’s handled by an amateur cast and crew. Throw in hammy ACTING and you’ve got quite an experience!

I must give a shoutout to one of my favorite MST movie characters: Dr. Henry Krasker! Everything about him is just riffing gold. A real gift of a character!

Dr. Krasker’s formal introduction/monologue is some of their best riff work ever! Always gets me rolling. :laughing:

Plus, some great host segments (Nelson Cigarettes, The paranormal sports talk show, Crow’s Cheesy Guitar Solo)!

One of the best episodes of Season Six!

6 Likes

If you know Ed Wynn. It’s an LOL moment. LITERALLY.

4 Likes

“Security Camera Video.”

2 Likes

“That was worth it.”

2 Likes

Cue Cop Voice. “You see we need our glamour shots as soon as possible.”

3 Likes

“Benny’s Not That Great Sandwiches is around the corner.”

3 Likes

I laugh every single time.

3 Likes

Me too! I see his face in my head when Trace does that impression.

2 Likes

The performances are above an Ed Wood picture. They at least talk fairly normally. They also are trying even if failing miserably. An oddness exists to this and the limits of the movie and the strangeness impart a taste unique to itself. A Dragnet Unsolved Mysteries stew of 50s conventions. Ed Wood Meets Jack Webb.

5 Likes

Absolutely adore this episode. Such a silly movie and short. Favorite host segment: Mike and the Bots Talk to the Dead! - MST3K - YouTube

5 Likes

Much like The Master, Torgo, Mitchell, or Jan in the Pan, Dr. Krasker is a member of the MST Rogues’ Gallery. He is an absolute original. Wonderful and awful all in one.

13 Likes

Well, we got a fake Timothy Carey, Jr., (as “The Preacher”!) and the initimitable Henry Krasker, as himself, I assume, as well as that weird short.

I call it a win.

Host segment with that execrable trash guitar noodling can go to heck, but, you take the good, you take the bad, and…it’s all forearms put into garbage disposals, just like Bill Devane taught us.

3 Likes

And then the moon came out!!

4 Likes

It’s just so “Nelson”!

5 Likes

…with a dollop of The Twilight Zone added. :stew:

4 Likes