“Riffing at a Wall”

I’m interested, have you ever made a MST reference to someone you know won’t get it? I can’t be the only one.

11 Likes

Almost daily. :smiley:

(Except that I always hope they will actually “get me.” Being the wind can be really exhausting, Baby.)

6 Likes

Does exclaiming, “Oh, poopie!” count? I probably use that one the most around non-MSTies

5 Likes

I’ve been known to use “THE HELL?” a lot around non-MSTies.

“Huzzah”, too!

6 Likes

It’s something I think my 9yo will do much more frequently.

I don’t interact with humans much outside of a work scenario, so it doesn’t lend itself to quoting.

But I imagine 3rd graders hearing “PREEEETY NIIIICE” and “ma ma ma ma Mitchell” and truly being left unaware they were introduced to anything other than a goofy kid who spouts out nonsense.

“Watch out for snakes” is just common sense, so that I don’t count.

7 Likes

I definitely try it every so often. If I get some sort of reaction, it’s a bonus.

(One of the many reasons I like this place is that I can get really “inside” with the references not have to worry if someone wont “get it” and give me a weird look, which has definitely happened in the past)

6 Likes

All. The. Time. Even people I think would get it often don’t because I quoted an obscure riff or episode.

5 Likes

I have no choice, they are part of me now.

5 Likes

Sometimes, when my brain is firing on all available cylinders, I manage to slip one in.

3 Likes