1112. Carnival Magic (1983)

Too much carnival.

2 Likes

I daresay Legacy of Blood is the nastiest, scummiest movie Iā€™ve seen in the MST/CT/RT universe. BLECCH!

4 Likes

At least heā€™s more sober than Lawfordā€™s character in Angels Revenge.

2 Likes

You say that like itā€™s a bad thing.

2 Likes

Something tells me Paul Rudd and Conan Oā€™Brien will be involvedā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

Talk of this film came up as friends and I were watching Turkey Day.

One said she wonā€™t watch it again because itā€™s so depressing.

2 Likes

Or as I like to call it ā€œThe secret origin of Janine from Ghostbusters.ā€

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve watched every episode several times. Now there are some episodes I donā€™t feel the need to ever watch again, Carnival Magic is one of them. It is just so drab and depressing.

She might not watch it again, but Gus will.

2 Likes

How can you get ahold of that episode?

You can purchase it from MST3k or Rifftrax, or you can stream it on Netflix.

Ok thank youā€¦ does that also work for the other missing episodes.?

Not all of them, but you can get most of the series from either MST3k or Rifftrax. Netflix only has seasons 11 & 12.

Another option is to buy the full season on disk, and own it forever. The bonus is that even the DVDs look better than streaming, and the blu-ray even better.

3 Likes

Yeah, why stop at one when you can enjoy the entire season - Amazon.com: Mystery Science Theater 3000: Season Eleven : Patton Oswalt, Felicia Day, Jonah Ray: Movies & TV

BTW, this and Avalanche, funniest episodes of the season for me. And as Iā€™ve said elsewhere, Iā€™m fascinated by the movie and the backstories behind its making, and re-discovery. I even bought the unriffed BD

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give you drab, but depressing? All our principal characters become better people by the end of the movie. Except the tiger trainer guy, but he can go to Hell.

Markov learns to live in the world, Stoney reconnects with his daughter, who falls in love with whatā€™s his name. Compare that to a Coleman Francis picture, where everyone starts miserable and stays that way.

6 Likes

Hey now, not everyone in a Coleman Francis film ends up miserable ā€” some of them end up dead!

4 Likes

TouchƩ.

Thanks for the info guys. Right now I am unemployment and dont have a pot to piss in lol

But hopefully that will change next month, so Im gonna put a pin on this, then hopefully I can afford it

1 Like