611. Last of the Wild Horses (1948)

@amass79 Your take on this Robert Lippert Production?

1 Like

Fun question: where does Joel factor into the mirror universe?

2 Likes

This one is very, very… Robert Lippert. I actually need to watch this one again. Fun riffing (Dr. F and Frank being in the theater is a lot of fun). But it’s such a dull, gray, nothing movie. It’s not even that bad, per se; it just sits on the ground like a little dog turd at the park.

4 Likes

Mike’s Boss possibly? The EVIL head of Gizmonic Institute?

3 Likes

And will the mirror universe be revisited in the Gizmoplex era, much like how it was done on Deep Space 9?

3 Likes

I hope not. Those were some of the worst DS9 episodes.

1 Like

But Mike was never a part of Gizmonic. And assuming Mike replaced Joel, the way he did in the mainline, …what happened?

2 Likes

This is a Mirror Universe. I was speculating given what we know about the proper universe and what might be inverted here. Our Mike began as a temp and is exceptionally laid back. The Mirror Mike could be a technocrat and obviously is committed to his experiment and cutthroat operation. Whatever group Mirror Mike belongs to my thought was in Mirror World Joel is possibly his higher-up. If we’re following opposite day to its logical conclusion…

4 Likes

Ah yes … The Last of the Wild …

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzznnnxxxxxxx…!

…Oh, it’s over?

1 Like

:notes:"Johnny Pooper! Number two bad man in the West!":notes:

4 Likes

This is just like Gamera vs Zigra…only with cowboys.

2 Likes

These promo stills proclaim “Glowing Sepiatone!”

glowing? not usually a word I associate with sepiatone.

3 Likes

If everyone in the Mirror-verse is evil, then it’s Joel who shot the Mads into space after they gently criticized his lackadaisical cleaning-up skills. Then Mike came aboard as temp and/or henchman, but got the evil robots on his side and had Joel… removed from the picture. As Mirrorverse residents are oft wont to do.

2 Likes

Right? Mirror-Joel was displaced similar to Dr. Erhardt in the regular universe. “He’s missing!”

3 Likes

I am fond of The Gunslinger and Western Adjacent experiment The Painted Hills. But other than a few riffs I completely forget everything about Wild Horses as the skits rather overpower the film in this one.

4 Likes

I mean, say what you will about this movie. At least there’s no rock-climbing in it.

Also:

3 Likes