The Props of MST3K

VHS tapes, Frank’s old head, Laser Cut Displays. The hand held objects we see the Mads, Robots, and Hosts deal with are so much of the program. Crow’s sandwich, Tom’s car, Mike’s stereo. Those props invite us in. They tell a story. What do you love? Anything?

5 Likes

That random can of Pam Cooking Spray that Dr. Forrester had that one time.

3 Likes

I love the raspberry beret that shows up occasionally. I believe the first time is with Mike’s first episode and Crow is wearing it. Mike wears it once during the “Love Letters” sketch. Tom wears it when he’s painting Crow’s portrait as an evil dictator.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen Crow’s chicken puppet?

7 Likes

I think Tom had it last…or first.

3 Likes

I love it whenever Crow is holding a big sandwich with a bite taken out of it.

I also love it any time Frank and Forrester are sitting on a couch instead of standing.

5 Likes

That microphone and green and white sold me. Cue the feedback! They nailed that campaign feel.

1 Like

The Mike Puppet weirded me out. Otherworldly creepy.

6 Likes

The Roots of Jimmy Illness mobile!

It’s one of the biggest, most elaborate props ever made and it’s the centerpiece of an earnest discussion of the movie’s plot up to that point! It’s one of the many, many reasons why I love I Accuse My Parents so much!

“Hey, there’s ‘STUPID’. Really big!”

6 Likes

Goosio? A beloved mascot of Malta?

7 Likes

Are demon dogs props or characters?

5 Likes

Yes.

6 Likes

Hayyo!

4 Likes

Both. They were characters created by props. The props made the illusion work.

4 Likes

That big STUPID drifting by broke my mother up completely, back in the day. I’m not sure how many times I’d seen her just lose it like that. :grin:

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of both Crow’s “mother” and the creepy terrycloth Dr. Forrester doll.

4 Likes

Crow’s mother is traumatizing. Then again, that was the idea.

6 Likes

The Clay Baby stunned me. A Precious Moments Denouncement.

5 Likes

Anyone have a picture of the chicken puppet? I couldn’t find one.

2 Likes

Only from the episode itself:

5 Likes