807. Terror from the Year 5000 (1958)

So it really is a common practice among women to get undressed in front of a window? It just seems to make it too easy for the sleazy creeps to indulge in their sleazy creepiness.

1 Like

Not a practice, but dude - seriously?

Have you never forgotten to close the curtains? We ARE only human, dude.

(Besides, peepers find a way no matter how careful we are. Pay attention!)

3 Likes

Oh, yeah. Just take a peek at what guys had to say about Rachel Carson because they didn’t want to let go of their precious DDT, for example.

This just might be the movie message that angers me the most out of all the films we’ve watched. I hope Gurney got a massive boil on his whosiswhatsis and that it never healed. [fiddle minger icon here]

I haven’t seen a thread where we can ask for riffs to be explained so since I have a question about this movie, I’m gonna post it here.

When they open the box with the cat from the future Mike says “They wacked Toonces!” and Crow replies in a New York accent “Well, he killed a maid canary so they had to do him.” I get the Toonces reference, just not the reply.

Not that it really matters because Bill’s delivery is hilarious and it makes me laugh every time.

1 Like

Made. As in a made guy. As in someone who killed for the Mob.

1 Like

Um, okay. So it’s just a general mob reference and not a specific pop culture reference that I’m missing.

2 Likes