Trailer of Gorgo (1961).

1 Like

John Landis on Gorgo (1961).

2 Likes

Gorgo (1961) Death Count.

2 Likes

Gorgo (1961) Review.

2 Likes

Kaiju of the Week: Gorgo. Features the score.

2 Likes

The Making of Gorgo. The British Version of Godzilla.

1 Like

A British kaiju movie? Sure, why not. It’s not a bad episode, but it doesn’t really do much to stand out. The movie’s got some points of interest, namely the fact that Gorgo wins in the end, scoring a victory for abused kaiju everywhere. It’s also nice of that couple to adopt the little Irish boy. Bringing in Leonard Maltin to help the experiment was a nice touch, too.

7 Likes

King Kong is the plot formula that keeps on giving. Though this time around, there’s none of the unfortunate monkey love implications found in the original and many of the imitators (largely due to all female characters being consigned to the background). Also, the monster doesn’t die. But otherwise, all the major plot beats are observed. In place of the size and species incompatibility-based lust, we get an Irish Kenny named Sean (though the child actor in question is originally from Scotland).

Incidentally, this came out four years before Gamera for what it’s worth. In many respects, Sean is worse than Kenny, who was merely deluded in believing that Gamera was good. Sean appears to revel in the destruction caused by Gorgo, seeing it as something the people who captured it brought on themselves. Even considering that the captors had been motivated by greed, that’s a rather misanthropic attitude when you consider all the Londoners who get killed in the rampage.

4 Likes

Is this the end of England’s Dorkin?

5 Likes

“Kiss my tail, England.”

3 Likes

“Why didn’t she eat the announcer?”

3 Likes

“Shutup!” “Windbag.”

3 Likes

“With the blood of many on her scales.”

3 Likes

Like Leonard Maltin I actually like this movie. I’m a Godzilla fan and this “British” version is a decent movie. But, I’m not a big fan of this as an Mst3K episode. I can’t remember being wooed but the riffing and the host segments are nothing special. I am a fan of William (he’s still cleaning his glasses!) Sylvester. I liked him in Devil Doll and also in this. He’s okay in Riding with Death when his comb over isn’t making a run for it!

3 Likes
5 Likes

On the bright side, he may be crushed.

i will kill him david lynch GIF

3 Likes

It’s happening again! Vinegar Syndrome has once again released another piece of MSTory, this time featuring our beloved Britannia-brutalizing behemoth, unriffed and (once again) in 4K!

No MST3K-related extras, but I’m sure they’ll mention something about the episode somewhere. I hope someone had the opportunity to interview Leonard Maltin about what he REALLY thinks!

4 Likes

Smoking cover! I feel like I’m eating Fish and Chips as Mom is eating London!!

1 Like

Gorgo (film) | MST3K | Fandom

1 Like

LOLOLOL Brain Guy’s ZubazTM

4 Likes