Build-A-Title

This is a game inspired by the long-running podcast Doug Loves Movies. The idea is we take a film title and then we take turns expanding on it with other film titles.

For example:

First person: Friday the 13th

Second: Friday the 13th Warrior

Next (can be a previous person or a new one): Next Friday the 13th Warrior

etc etc

Note this is based on sounds and pronunciation rather than spelling

So you can do Con Airagon because the movie Eragon has the sound “air” at the beginning rather than the usual sound you expect with “er”.

Note also you can connect sounds.

If your movie is Burlesque, you can do “Sweet Novemberlesque” or “Burlescaflowne” (yep, I went with a deep cut)

Don’t inject the title in the middle. Just on one of the ends. Make sure you aren’t changing someone else’s title (like, you can change the spelling but not the sounds)

Make sure there is a vowel sound that makes the connection sound a full syllable

If the movie is MAS*H, you can’t do MASHutter Island. But you can do MASH and Bone

I will make one exception; a bit of a cheat but it’s the only film I can think of with no vowel sound in the title: SSSSSSS. I love it too much not to use it.

And please don’t repeat a title. We don’t want to get into a loop (you can repeat a word that was part of a title. Say someone did Halloween Kills, you can still do Halloween.)

Articles like “the” and “a” can be ignored, if you please (but do what you want.)

I know that was all a lot. I hope this isn’t too complicated. Does this make sense? We’ll make it as big as we can until either we can’t think of more or we get bored and want to start over (and yes, you are allowed to go look up film titles if you want. Just choose feature films rather than shorts)

Let’s start with…

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

5 Likes

I did this with celebrity names and almost no one played it and now I’m salty.

3 Likes

Dredge it up. I’ll play it with you!

3 Likes

I just linked to it.

2 Likes

That said, we have to chain titles together as a collab with the idea that it will snowball.

4 Likes

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Z

2 Likes

Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Z

3 Likes

Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty

4 Likes

Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps

3 Likes

Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps

3 Likes

Legend of Drunken Master Ninja and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps

2 Likes

I think that one breaks the rules:

Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps

2 Likes

Three Men and a Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps

3 Likes

Three Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom

3 Likes

Spider-Man 3 Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom

4 Likes

Along Came a Spider-Man 3 Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom

3 Likes

Along Came a Spider-Man 3 Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom to Love

3 Likes

Along Came a Spider-Man 3 Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom to Love Story

4 Likes

Ride Along Came a Spider-Man 3 Men and a Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend of Drunken Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World War Zero Dark Thirty-Nine Steps of Freedom to Love Story

2 Likes