Cozy Episodes?

It’s a rainy day and it felt like a good time to watch Pod People. Why? Because it’s one of the most cozy episodes of course! The all plaid wardrobe, the rustic cabin in a foggy forest, the loving presence of Molly, Smucker’s jam…all in all, a decidedly cozy episode.

What do you think sirs? Is it the all brown shack in the Touch of Satan? Maybe beans around the campfire with Coleman Francis? What’s the coziest episode for you?

8 Likes

Ooh, good question. For me it’s probably Avalanche. The contrast between the snow and the indoors really makes that one work. Plus, I’ve seen it enough times it’s easy to feel cozy watching something familiar.

12 Likes

Pod People and Avalanche are great answers. I’d throw in Killer Fish. Nothing like a tropical vacation with poolside backgammon and a refreshing glass of Pedialyte.

5 Likes

Pod People is probably my #1 cozy episode as well, for exactly the reasons you describe. Also, I find that if I doze off while watching it, or leave the room and return, I haven’t really missed anything; it’s such a pastiche of vaguely-connected nonsense that it becomes a single cozy blob.

8 Likes

I like The Thing that Couldn’t Die and Puma Man for this sort of thing. Some of the newer episodes are gaining ground, however, like Beyond Atlantis.

There are also a lot of great answers for a similar question here:

7 Likes

No one including WarWilf yet?

:thinking:

Warewolf driving

5 Likes

My big Cozy Episode is The Painted Hills. What would be better than a cabin in the snowy mountains of Oregon? Town isn’t too far away, and my faithful companion is a loyal pooch who will take violent revenge if anything happens to me. Catalina Caper is another good one. What would be better than lying around on the beach in Catalina?

9 Likes

wine mixer GIF

3 Likes

The Beginning of the End and It Conquered the World because Peter Graves is someone I’d like to get cozy with, if you know what I mean.

6 Likes

In that case…
kitten dancing GIF

Whipping Self-Help GIF by Alex Monaco

3 Likes

Catalina Caper has always been one to just relax to for me.

6 Likes

I’d say any of the Russo-Finnish movies. They’re bright and cheerful.

7 Likes

Bride of the Monster, Racket Girls, season 4’s Hercules movies, the day the earth froze, the sinister urge, and the magic voyage of sinbad are the most relaxing for me.

5 Likes

I always found This Island Earth to be generally comforting. Everyone’s so friendly, the threat’s fairly low Zagons notwithstanding, even the mutant just wants a hug. So a cozy MST3K for me would probably be The Movie.

6 Likes