Get your knee up! It's the 402: The Giant Gila Monster Watch Party Thread!

Hi! It’s time for another informal watch party, tonight for The Giant Gila Monster.
Cue up your copy of the episode or watch on the Gizmoplex:

Start time is 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. This is a really hilarious episode and I can’t wait!

12 Likes

Tonight meaning Thursday night?

2 Likes

Friday night.

8 Likes

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

14 Likes

A smart feller could put his knee up on such a thread.

11 Likes

And… The Lord… Said… Laugh, children, laugh, the Lord said laugh, children, laugh…

9 Likes

Something about skid marks, as I recall.

9 Likes

Yay!!!

8 Likes

Gotta fill em with water, see?

7 Likes

Aw, man! Family Stuff™ is once again forcing me to miss a watchalong. I’ll sing whenever I sing whenever I sing with you all in spirit!

7 Likes

Uh, I think there’s something about a mushroom, too. I don’t know, I can’t keep up with the way kids talked back then.

5 Likes

HE’S YR BOYFRIEND NOW BLALALALA

Gila Monster What GIF by Great Big Story

13 Likes

The actual movie lizard is pretty clearly not giant, as we all know, and also not even a Gila monster.

9 Likes

That’s show biz!
Breathe Stephen Colbert GIF by Emmys

8 Likes

WOULD YOU FORGET THE SKID MARKS ?!

8 Likes

Oh, this one snuck up on me. I really like this episode, but “I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing” gets stuck in my head every time. Anyway, I have a thing, so I may be late, don’t wait up for me, and I will be sure to notify Linda… :wink: for my MJPeeps.

7 Likes

Oh hey this is tonight I think.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s tonight.

6 Likes

There is a pretty mean Parkinson’s riff towards the beginning of the Giant gila monster where in that barber shop/closet/diner or whatever the music is playing and one of the teenagers who is sitting at the bar is spastically grooving to the music. Crow quips “hey I think that’s Catherine Hepburn’s son”

Hey! We’re watching that tonight at 8 eastern!

5 Likes