Halloween Costumes & Decorations & Pumpkins

I was that b*tch, Carole Baskin.

4 Likes

Hey it would be cool to see your costumes and pumpkins again this year! Should I:

• Revive this thread and change the title so it’s not just 2021
  • Start a new thread specifically for 2023 costumes and pumpkins
0 voters

…?

1 Like

a mod would say alter the thread title to something general enough to be used every year.

Yes, I think updating the thread title is a grand idea. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was hoping a Mod would offer some guidance :smiley:

Okay I don’t have a costume this year because for the first time in a decade (not counting skipping 2020) my Halloween Party friends are not doing a party. But I do have a half-done pumpkin to share:

It’s Ed Gorey’s Doubtful Guest in silhouette form; tomorrow I plan to etch in the interior details.

What CHOO got this year?

6 Likes

That’s amazing. I’m a bit surprised I never got around to doing an Edward Gorey pumpkin myself. This year is going to be a quick and easy Greg from Over the Garden Wall, since I stumbled across a perfect pumpkin-sized version of the teapot a few weeks ago.

4eb981d4be39bee371c580b6e22aa10bac6eb3f670d9be32c57f464c3aafb828.UY500_UX667_RI_TTW-1

2 Likes

As for past entries… here’s the last decade or so.

Brak-o-Lantern:

Death of Rats:

Pumpkin Johnson:

PumpkinJohnson02

Black Beast of Aaaargh:

Squirrel Girl:

Lying Cat (from Saga):

David Bowie and Arseface:

Poyo (from Chew):

Luci:

Wallace:

Jackie Daytona:

8 Likes

Family member and I did Baymax and Hiro!
bh6

6 Likes

The completed Doubtful Guest

10 Likes

Not mine, but still relevant to the board…

4 Likes

wow, WHAT? this is so cool.

There’s a house around the corner from me that goes all out for Halloween every year and I shot a couple of Short clips driving by…

Casa Del Fisk, 2023.

2 Likes

My costume this year is inspired by the Devil from Roger Corman classic “The Undead” (S08E06). I’ll shave my beard down to a spade goatee, darken my eyebrows, and wear a high collar cape.

But I wanted horns, so it’ll have 3D printed and painted horns instead of a hat. And, because I need this for a Zoom based costume contest, I had to narrow the pitchfork… which I’m regretting now that it’s too late to do anything about.

Edit: Forgot, I also AI’d a zoom background that looks like a background from the film

2 Likes

related to halloween costumes, the brothers chap have once again delivered an excellent halloween video. bonus points if you can find the 30 rock reference.

2 Likes

This year’s pumpkin…I am not a great carver and I was pressed for time…so I went simple.

I named him Attila (not after the Hun, but a pro cyclist with notoriously sharp looking teeth) and he wishes you Happy Halloween!

6 Likes

With that bike helmet it looks a bit like a Star Wars BB unit.

1 Like

The Husband and I were fitness enthusiasts from the 1980s.

The Husband’s uncle does creative pumpkin carvings every year, this year being no exception.

The rest of the Husband’s aunt and uncle’s decorations.

9 Likes

Happy Halloween! And remember … life is fleeting!

7 Likes

Why is Kylo Ren haunting a cemetery with an umbrella-saber?

1 Like

Those are dual-rig gunslinger style sickles. Pht. Umbrellas.

3 Likes