If only - what if the movie was different

What if the Neptunian had found his record at the beginning? Would they have invaded the Earth at all?

3 Likes

What if Joel hadn’t used those special parts to make his robot friends?

4 Likes

“What if the titular giants in Village of the Giants set their goals higher?”

Oh my friend, that has been on my mind for decades!..to the point I laid some of that out in a few VOTG fanfictions: Village of the Giants fanfiction - we did it...we finally did it!

Here’s a few others:

What if Dr Davis Davis Davis had an actual plan to make the Devil Fish a loyal killing machine?

What if Tandra in Samson vs the Vampire Women was actually competent at her job, completed the ritual, and didn’t worry about unmasking Samson?

2 Likes

What if they’d bothered to get a decent translator when they dubbed the film, so it was clear to the audience that Prince of Space was not invulnerable but, rather, exceptionally good at dodging? But, also, yes, for an alien species capable of interstellar travel, they were surprisingly inept.

What if the Fire Maidens From Outer Space had just asked for help getting past the easily killable monster so they could all move back to Earth with their father? What if the rest of the crew had actually done literally anything besides vaguely fretting outside the walls?

What if Kenny, watching Gamera destroying entire city blocks of occupied high-rise residences, had realized that perhaps the rampaging kaiju was not, in fact, a friend to all children? Or even that Gamera would have left Kenny an orphan the first time they met had the monster not been temporarily diverted by catching Kenny, and maybe being a friend to adults matters, too?

What if the alien from It Conquered The World had managed to do more than temporarily subdue one small town in Northern California?

What if Burt I Gordon had had a different middle initial?

What if the producers of The Slime People had had more of an effects budget than just enough to secure a single fog machine?

What if “Sinbad” hadn’t needed to travel around the world in search of a bluebird that doesn’t exist, but had just been content with redistributing the city’s wealth, marrying a mermaid, and telling everyone to work together to live their best lives?

What if Joel and the bots hadn’t talked over the narration explaining what a Sampo is?

What if Commando Cody had taken a fat government R&D contract, let them mass produce rocket packs and space ships, and kicked back while trained combat troops, g-men, and astronauts handled the mobsters and moon men?

What if Mel Torme hadn’t completely ignored a girl running for her life from a would-be rapist?

What if literally anyone had looked at the return address on the box containing The Mask at any point before the cop left?

What if the writers of RADAR Secret Service had any idea what RADAR actually does?

What if the writers of The Beatniks and Wild Rebels had swapped titles to accurately describe their respective main characters?

1 Like

Think of it! Sid Melton could have been the star of “Hired!”

Is it as bad as Tim Curry’s whatever-the-heck-that-was accent in Congo?

And I realize I just admitted I’ve seen Congo.

1 Like

It’s almost completely nonexistant.

Like…“Ogden”. Then he’d be “Mr BOG”, famous for making movies about swamps and such, classics like “The Legend of Boggy Creek”, “Swamp Thing” and “Deliverance”.

1 Like

Bert Ulysis Gordon?

Bert Alexander Gordon?

Bert Edward Gordon?

Bert Oscar Gordon?

2 Likes

Bert Oscar Oliver Gordon Edward Richardson

1 Like