In memoriam…

I’m curious about your source about why Reynolds committed suicide. “Little Debbie” says in her book that the reason is unknown.

2 Likes

It’s what I heard, so I’m likely wrong. In any case, he seemed like a good guy and it’s a damn shame he died.

2 Likes

Does Jackey confirm the rumor that he was tripping on LSD the whole time?

1 Like

From the book

Edit to add -

2 Likes

So the answer is probably but we don’t know for sure. That works for me.

1 Like

Drummer Dennis Thompson has completed the recent cascade of MC5 deaths… and then there were none.

Going to be a somber Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.

3 Likes

Lived in SoCal my whole life so I’m very familiar with him on KTLA for many years. RIP

4 Likes

This one hurts, given how influential the man was, especially to the show that brought us all here.

The infamous Roger Corman has died.

28 Likes

Not only was he a patron saint of MST3K, but so many people owe him a huge debt to their careers, and they never were shy about admitting that. RIP to a real one.

12 Likes

The King is Dead!

Long live the King!

13 Likes

This anecdote from Ron Howard exemplifies just how many owed him their starts in movies, whether it be acting or directing:

Howard also joked that when he directed his first film, “Eat My Dust,” he complained to Corman about the low budget and the sparse extras for a crowd scene only to be told, “If you do a good job on this film, you won’t ever have to work for me again!”

13 Likes

Just came here to post this

4 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe there ought to be a Roger Corman watch-a-long marathon (a watch-a-thon?) soon to commemorate.

10 Likes

Lest we forget, he occasionally did something beyond B-movies. For example, The St Valentines Day Massacre (1967) which you can see on Fox Movie Channel. Not great, but at least he had something to work with.

7 Likes

Plus, he delivered ahead of schedule and under budget for a “studio picture.” That alone is quite the achievement.

Yeah, I was almost dumbfounded when the news broke. He only had two years to go before hitting the big one double-zero.

Long Live the B-King!

10 Likes

This one is definitely personal to all use MSTies.

Currently rewatching the Corman’s World documentary on Youtube. Jack Nicholson even gets teary eyed reflecting on his collaborative friendship with him in an interview segment.

9 Likes

How did he get a 98 year shooting schedule??? RIP

8 Likes

Roger Corman, the Oscar-winning “King of the Bs” who helped turn out such low-budget classics as “Little Shop of Horrors” and “Attack of the Crab Monsters” and gave many of Hollywood’s most famous actors and directors early breaks, has died. He was 98.

5 Likes

Most of his films were schlocky, cheap-looking, exploitative, and just plain cheesy, and they were a hell of a lot of fun. Godspeed, sir.

7 Likes