In memoriam…

7 Likes

I liked him in Day by Day, and his guest spots on shows like Cheers and Columbo. RIP.

ETA: The page i linked says he was in Victor/Victoria, one of my favorite movies, but I don’t remember him in it and IMDB doesn’t list him. He did have a small role in 10, another Blake Edwards movie.

Another Edit: Wikipedia says he’s the matador in the Shady Dame from Seville number. I just put the disc in - he’s wearing a lot of makeup, I suppose it could be him. Trip down the rabbit hole finished.

5 Likes

I loved him in ‘General Hospital’ and ‘Day by Day’ is one of my all time favorite comedy series.

3 Likes

Joe Bonsall, the Oak Ridge Boy who that dastardly Kalgan won’t wake up no more.

6 Likes

Oh no…

8 Likes

Huh. He had a service dog and it said he got an medical discharge from the Navy. I wonder if that was a contributor along with the heatstroke?

2 Likes

Variety reports that Shelley Duvall has died.

20 Likes

“Oh, Popeye!” :astonished:

She was born to play Olive Oyl.

14 Likes

Faerie Tale Theater was totally awesome.:disappointed_relieved:

12 Likes

Very sad news. It’s hard to forget that her performance in The Shining was due to Kubrick actually tormenting her to the point that her hair started to fall out.

6 Likes

I was just listening to Nobody’s Fool today on some old Casey Kasem broadcast on iHeartRadio and that reminded me of her cameo in this video.

RIP

2 Likes

Born or Fated?

3 Likes

Show business is its own form of madness.

2 Likes

Maybe, but women and children seem to bear the brunt of the cruelty.

8 Likes

Everyone is effected. Men, women, children, animals. You are mad for entering this business. The history shows it. I feel bad for EVERY VICTIM. Every victim. Though given what we know, anyone debating jumping in should seriously consider whether it’s wise.

1 Like

True. Women and children are the ones least able to fight back. The culture effects everyone and everything in its orbit which was my larger point. It is an unhealthy environment to be. Too many horror stories exist showing that.

3 Likes

Destined.

3 Likes

The Letterman YouTube channel had a clip of that today. We never had cable, so I was unaware of it

3 Likes

If you’re a golf fan, you probably know some of Dave Loggins’ work, even if you don’t know his name. Variety reports the composer of The Masters golf tournament theme has died. (I also love “Please Come to Boston,” schmaltzy as it is.

5 Likes
13 Likes